Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Holsters.. grrrr

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    scarville
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Feb 2009
    • 2325

    Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
    Be prepared to wait, and wait long for custom leather.
    Not necessarily. The one I bought from Lobo Gunleather arrived 22 days after I ordered it.
    Politicians and criminals are moral twins separated only by legal fiction.

    Comment

    • #32
      tacticalcity
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Aug 2006
      • 10929

      BladeTech makes excellent holsters.

      Comment

      • #33
        Shenaniguns
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 6158

        Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
        Be prepared to wait, and wait long for custom leather.

        Or wait 14 days or less from Occidental Leather.
        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

        Comment

        • #34
          Foriegn power
          Banned
          • Dec 2009
          • 1035

          I suggest don hume line of holsters very affordable and great quality for the price.

          Comment

          • #35
            Untamed1972
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2009
            • 17579

            As far as IWB goes:

            The upside: It holds the gun tight to your body making for good concealment with just an untucked tshirt as long is covers past waist band of your pants

            The downside: It's hold the gun tight up against your body which makes it tough to get a good solid grip on the gun quickly because you hafta wedge your thumb between your body and the grip. You also will hafta either buy some bigger pants, or lose some weight to make room in your waistband for the extra bulk.

            The reality is that everything that makes a holster MORE concealable also makes it SLOWER on the draw.
            Last edited by Untamed1972; 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM.
            "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

            Quote for the day:
            "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

            Comment

            • #36
              redcliff
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2008
              • 5676

              Originally posted by Shenaniguns
              I've tried IWB holsters from Milt Sparks, Raven, Bladetech,Comptac etc and the most comfortable holsters have been from TT Gunleather and his Occidental Leather division that has a 14 day or less turn around for High Quality top notch leather that will last for years.


              Thanks very much for posting this, I just got done with a 3 month wait from HighNoon Holsters for my Springfield Pro w/rail, gonna give these guys a try for my Wiley Clapp Commander. They look like nice holsters and I like that they are convertible iwb/owb.
              "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
              "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
              "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

              "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
              although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

              Comment

              • #37
                FredoSD
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 1594

                IWB leather will form fit to you and your gun, a decent IWB will also give you all the retention you'll need for everyday activity. This is one I made for a guy, he is pretty active and has had no issues. The snap belt loops allow for easy easy yet secure on and off. I spoke with the new owner and asked him how it is performing. He said that after 5 hrs of CCW he had to ask his co-workers if they noticed it. All said no and were suprised that he was even packing that day.
                Contact your local independent custom holster maker and be happy.

                "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not on there, I go to work."

                Comment

                • #38
                  Fishslayer
                  In Memoriam
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 13035

                  Originally posted by thrasherfox
                  I take my really fricken cool looking nylon tactical hosler that is this really awesome and cool mag pouch on the top of it. I am styling and profiling!!


                  Ron
                  Is it like this one?

                  Ummm.... you were stylin' with a $7 holster from Crossman?

                  Meh... it's concealed carry. No style involved.
                  "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                  You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                  You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                  Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                  I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                  Originally posted by redcliff
                  A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    00BuckShot
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 532

                    Great info here for holsters. I like my Fobus for slipping on and running to the store but for more of an every day IWB Holster I have found that the Crossreed is one of the ugliest but most comfortable holster on the market.
                    -jeremy
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Shenaniguns
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 6158

                      Originally posted by redcliff
                      Thanks very much for posting this, I just got done with a 3 month wait from HighNoon Holsters for my Springfield Pro w/rail, gonna give these guys a try for my Wiley Clapp Commander. They look like nice holsters and I like that they are convertible iwb/owb.

                      No problem! Tim has Excellent Customer Service as well
                      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Uriah02
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3149

                        Originally posted by VictorFranko
                        Holsters are like women, you'll go through a few before you find the perfect one for you.
                        I disagree, I did lots of research for what application and use I required for my XD compact. I ended up going with a Blackhawk CQC SERPA, it fits like a dream and breaks as smooth as can be when you practice proper trigger discipline. So as far as holsters are concerned, I don't think it needs to be trial and error.
                        This theory has yet to be proved for women...
                        sigpic
                        OIF 07-09 Veteran
                        NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Shenaniguns
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 6158

                          Originally posted by Uriah02
                          I disagree, I did lots of research for what application and use I required for my XD compact. I ended up going with a Blackhawk CQC SERPA, it fits like a dream and breaks as smooth as can be when you practice proper trigger discipline. So as far as holsters are concerned, I don't think it needs to be trial and error.
                          This theory has yet to be proved for women...
                          Until it breaks, gets a rock stuck in the mechanism or attempt to take a class where they do not let you use it.
                          My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1