Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can AR Pistol Have Bipod?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • insin
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 952

    Can AR Pistol Have Bipod?

    Hello all,
    I was just curious, if shooting from a bench, can an AR pistol have a bipod to steady the shot? I would not want any conflict or misunderstanding that a bipod attached to the rail to be misconstrued as a forward type pistol grip. I know that's a longshot, but I want to stay 100% completely legal, both to the letter of the law and any LEO that might misunderstand the situation.

    Thanks
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    ATF allows a bipod on pistols. Example being the Ruger Charger.

    I have not seen anything that would indicate that CADOJ would consider that bipod to be a "second handgrip"
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      sirgiles
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 2311

      i think he meant something like this.

      "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

      Bruce Lee

      Comment

      • #4
        supermario
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4569

        As long as you dont use the grippod. Im pretty sure thats considered a forward grip.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1