Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

High points are cr*p!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    Originally posted by morfeeis
    It was my first gun, i shot about 600 down the pipe had 15 hiccups, most caused by me linping the dam thing. i then passed it down to the wife who put another 500 down the pipe with my help, i've done 100 round back to back fires with that thing and cant get it to jam anymore (but the wife can). the C9 is a tank and although it isn't my nightstand gun i'd rather have it then a rock in a SHTF spot.

    You've had more 'hiccups' in 600 rounds then all the guns I've owned and the 50,000 rounds I shoth through them in over 10 years lol
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • Shenaniguns
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2006
      • 6158

      Originally posted by chim-chim7
      Kinda makes the Glock testing not so impressive anymore.

      The difference is the Glock is actually shot 150,000+ of rounds on top of the torture test, the hi-point would never shoot that many without breaking.
      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

      Comment

      • RollingCode3
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 3221

        Originally posted by eccvets
        this should prove to all the moron haters out there that yes, hipoint is a good gun and is damn near industructable. better then glock and a crap load of other guns out there as far as safty goes and it actually works and has warrenty. How much you wanna bet hipoint will fix it and probally give them a free mag for their troubles? I love my hipoint and this just proves how well they actually are made!
        moron haters
        Put money where your mouth is at. Sell all your other guns and buy only hi-point and bet your life on it.
        Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

        Comment

        • inbox485
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 3677

          I have a pretty thorough review on the C-9 here:


          I have a used package for sale here:
          Up for rent...

          Comment

          • inbox485
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 3677

            Originally posted by eccvets
            this should prove to all the moron haters out there that yes, hipoint is a good gun and is damn near industructable. better then glock and a crap load of other guns out there as far as safty goes and it actually works and has warrenty. How much you wanna bet hipoint will fix it and probally give them a free mag for their troubles? I love my hipoint and this just proves how well they actually are made!
            Biggest problem I've had with a high point is the ammo sensitivity. I have two of them that work well enough if the OAL is short, but choke on stuff like WWB and remington. Check out my review for a picture of a slide that busted a guy in the face out of the box. As far as comparing to a glock? For the same size the glock can hold about twice the ammo, and not gall itself inside out after a few thousand rounds. Sorry not comparable. Decent plinker. Great for practicing malfunctions (you never know what's next ). But no way is it comparable to a decent gun.
            Up for rent...

            Comment

            • OneSevenDeuce
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 2288

              "We are professionals, or else we wouldn't be wearing lab coats."

              "Absolutely..."
              What do you mean my birth certificate expired?

              Comment

              • Lead Waster
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2010
                • 16650

                Originally posted by RollingCode3
                Put money where your mouth is at. Sell all your other guns and buy only hi-point and bet your life on it.

                Well, let's be reasonable here. You'd only bet your life on it if you were a LEO or something. If it's in your house as HD, you're still better off with it than nothing.

                As a range/plinking gun it would still be a lot of fun.
                ==================

                sigpic


                Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                There. Are. Four. Lights!

                Comment

                • dieselpower
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 11471

                  Hi-points are Bic Lighters...disposible firearms. They are made to fire a few thousand rounds up to about 5K. You can then send it in and they will fix it and you will get another 5K out of it.

                  Their business plan is outstanding.
                  They manufacture the firearm to 4X over engineered standards ignoring ecstatics, going for cheap straight assembly line techniques. They can produce the firearm for about $20, warranty it for life since most people who spend the $100 buying it will not bother to shoot it more then a few hundred times. It will sit in a desk while the owner moves on to a more expensive firearm... brilliance!

                  Its not like other cheap firearms manufactures who try to make a pretty gun cheap, which ends up being an unreliable POS.

                  I do recommend Hi-points to anyone on a strict budget. Poor folks need firearms too. I do not recommend used and abused 1940s $100 firearms. Nor do i tell a person who needs a firearm NOW, to wait and save money.

                  If all you got is $200, and no time to save more...do not get a used ______, get a new Hi-point 9mm. The .45 and .40 I do tell people to stay away from. The cheap way hi-points are manufactured is fine for 9mm and .380, but at the .45 level its not good. Then again the lifetime warranty is still good.

                  Comment

                  • OneSevenDeuce
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 2288

                    Originally posted by dieselpower
                    ignoring ecstatics
                    But I like ecstatics.
                    What do you mean my birth certificate expired?

                    Comment

                    • The DRis
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 593

                      Now I want one. As a throw away gun and literal beater.

                      Still uglier than sin.

                      Comment

                      • inbox485
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 3677

                        Originally posted by dieselpower
                        If all you got is $200, and no time to save more...do not get a used ______, get a new Hi-point 9mm.
                        I'm sure there are exceptions, but most of that population would be better served by a used pump shotgun. I only recommend hi-points as range junkers.

                        New hi-points are also famous for out of box issues.
                        Up for rent...

                        Comment

                        • morfeeis
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 7605

                          Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                          You've had more 'hiccups' in 600 rounds then all the guns I've owned and the 50,000 rounds I shoth through them in over 10 years lol
                          Go back and re-read my post, most if not all my problems where FTE due to me being a first time pistol owner. Once I stopped limp wresting the dam thing it worked great, any blow back designed firearm with a slide that is native to it's design will always have problems when limp wristed.

                          But again I rather have a c9 then nothing, hell if it jams I can use it as a club to beat the bad guy to death with.......
                          Last edited by morfeeis; 11-23-2010, 6:58 PM.
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                          Originally posted by Ayn Rand
                          You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

                          Comment

                          • five.five-six
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2006
                            • 34928

                            this video proves that Hi-points are better than glocks, 9 grains of bullseye with a 147 grain projectile AND all the empty space in the cartridge is displaced????? what do you think, 60,000PSI?? 70,000??? and the gun still functioned after that

                            Comment

                            • 1970msp
                              Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 452

                              I just picked up mine a few days ago.I wanted to give it a try after reading all the pros and cons offered.I am very happy with mine.I have put 150 rds through it with not problems.I like the way it fits my hands.And it has little to no recoil for me.I like my other pistols.But I have a new soft spot for this High Point C9.It is not fancy or expensive but it is a affordable,functional firearm.It is backed with a good warranty and excellent live customer service.I wanted a spare set of grips to use as templates for making a wood pair,and a spare parts firing pin and springs.He asked my name and address,within 2 days I had all these at my door free of charge.Just my opinion but I think highly of this pistol and the company.Also it is made in the U.S.A.

                              Comment

                              • eccvets
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 1243

                                Originally posted by RollingCode3
                                Put money where your mouth is at. Sell all your other guns and buy only hi-point and bet your life on it.
                                what would that prove? also, I have trusted my life to my hipoint when 6 punks tried to jack me... I'm glad I happen to have my hipoint in the back of my car, all my $1k-$2k+ guns were at home. A lot of good those did me when I really needed a gun to protect myself!

                                BTW: I didn't get jacked...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1