Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

xd 45 mods

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jvergason
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 47

    xd 45 mods

    i have an xd 45 service model. its a great gun and shoots phenominal. just wondering if there are any good mods that any knows about or has done so themselves. thanks

    -justin
  • #2
    ocspeedracer
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 1147

    I've always felt the trigger on those need a lot of help. I've heard great things from people who did them.

    Comment

    • #3
      cineski
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2007
      • 6205

      I did a trigger job on my XD45 when I had it. Not sure if I'd do it again. The trigger was great, just a bit too light for home defense.

      Comment

      • #4
        Gryff
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2006
        • 12693

        Trigger first. Then perhaps sights. But the XD's three-dot sights aren't as useless as the Glock factory dot-and-U arrangement, so sights aren't a must.

        If you want to do the trigger yourself, look at the Springer Precision trigger kit ($130). It will smooth the trigger and lighten it a little. I have this in my home defense XD45 and really like it. If you want to get rid of a lot of the take-up and reset distance, add the Powder River Precision Over Travel Stop ($18).
        Last edited by Gryff; 10-11-2010, 11:07 AM. Reason: Corrected a typo.
        My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

        Comment

        • #5
          mceod
          Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 305

          Trigger and Grip reduction from BarSto Precision Machine.

          Now located in South Dakota...

          I can't help but wonder if it was the gun laws here that drove him away???
          Last edited by mceod; 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM.
          F/S or F/T- Fender Flares for 02-06 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...01#post9160601


          EOD is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality.

          Comment

          • #6
            KillZone45
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 2570

            Sent mine to Springer for the Combat Carry trigger job, extended mag release, truGlo TFO's, feedramp polish and they did some other work inside. The gun is really a nice shooter now.
            Nikita Khrushchev said"We can't expect the American People to jump from Capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism, until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism. "

            Comment

            • #7
              cineski
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2007
              • 6205

              The Glock factory dot and U sights are quite nice. Either way, the XD sights are much harder to change out than the Glock sights.

              Originally posted by Gryff
              Trigger first. Then perhaps sights. But the XD's three-dot sights aren't as useless as the Glock factory dot-and-U arrangement, so sights aren't a must.

              If you want to do the trigger yourself, look at the Springer Precision trigger kit ($130). It will smooth the trigger and lighten it a little. I have this in my home defense XD45 and really like it. If you want to get rid of a lot of the take-up and reset distance, add the Powder River Precision Over Travel Stop ($18).

              Comment

              • #8
                Gryff
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2006
                • 12693

                Originally posted by cineski
                The Glock factory dot and U sights are quite nice.
                Personal tastes. I can't hit **** with that arrangement.

                Originally posted by cineski
                Either way, the XD sights are much harder to change out than the Glock sights.
                Quoted for truth (even if it is an understatement). How tight the sights are in the dovetails is my only real gripe about the XD.
                My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                Comment

                • #9
                  kmca
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 2371

                  Originally posted by Gryff
                  Trigger first. Then perhaps sights. But the XD's three-dot sights aren't as useless as the Glock factory dot-and-U arrangement, so sights aren't a must.

                  If you want to do the trigger yourself, look at the Springer Precision trigger kit ($130). It will smooth the trigger and lighten it a little. I have this in my home defense XD45 and really like it. If you want to get rid of a lot of the take-up and reset distance, add the Powder River Precision Over Travel Stop ($18).
                  I think the new trigger bar is included in the $130 kit.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kmca
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 2371

                    Originally posted by Gryff
                    Personal tastes. I can't hit **** with that arrangement.



                    Quoted for truth (even if it is an understatement). How tight the sights are in the dovetails is my only real gripe about the XD.
                    I heard a rumor on the internet, some of the early XD's were made to drive the front sight out from right to left

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Gryff
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2006
                      • 12693

                      Originally posted by kmca
                      I think the new trigger bar is included in the $130 kit.
                      I think you're right. I assumed it was just a polished factory trigger bar, but on second glance, I think I was wrong. If so, then the Powder River overtravel stop probably wouldn't work with that kit.
                      My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1