Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help I.D. This STRANGE "Pistol"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • doc540
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1515

    Help I.D. This STRANGE "Pistol"

    Found this while cleaning out the old family home

    Appears to be some kind of a "pepperbox" (literally?) tear gas pistol or what?

    The long, aluminum tubes are marked "replace by DEC 75", and it has a serial number.

    When the trigger is pulled the rimfire "firing pin" rotates to another position.

    I have NO idea what it is.

    What say you?







    Shooting more, typing less
  • #2
    BayAreaShooter
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2010
    • 5054

    I have no idea, but I am very interested. What does the ammo box say. Have you test fired it yet.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      doc540
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 1515

      Originally posted by BayAreaShooter
      I have no idea, but I am very interested. What does the ammo box say. Have you test fired it yet.
      No ammo box, just using an old .38 Spl box as a prop.

      I have not tried to torch it off yet.

      Just found my loupe and the bottoms of the tubes are marked "CCI".

      hmmmmm....
      Shooting more, typing less

      Comment

      • #4
        Shady
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 3413

        weeeiirdd

        Comment

        • #5
          ZenDaddy
          Member
          • May 2010
          • 403

          Here you go! Pretty cool!
          Last edited by ZenDaddy; 10-10-2010, 8:06 PM.
          ZD




          "The trouble with our liberal friends isn't that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so..." Ronald Reagan 1964

          Comment

          • #6
            doc540
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 1515

            Originally posted by ZenDaddy
            Here you go! Pretty cool!
            Thanks...what did you Google to find it so quickly?
            Shooting more, typing less

            Comment

            • #7
              map
              Member
              • Jul 2009
              • 427

              Let us know when you fire it...post some results.

              Comment

              • #8
                doc540
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1515

                Here's the original patent info:



                I don't know if I'm going to fire it since the tear gas cart's might be unobtainable.
                Shooting more, typing less

                Comment

                • #9
                  Plisk
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 3007

                  Why are all these weird tiny crappy plastic pistols always made in California?
                  "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                  Kevin

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ZenDaddy
                    Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 403

                    Originally posted by doc540
                    Thanks...what did you Google to find it so quickly?
                    The patent #
                    ZD




                    "The trouble with our liberal friends isn't that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so..." Ronald Reagan 1964

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dead*Reckoned
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2643

                      Originally posted by doc540
                      Thanks...what did you Google to find it so quickly?
                      He probably just google the patent number on the side.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Grim
                        Junior Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 86

                        It's a stapler.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          krashstitches
                          Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 241


                          You could have bought one with 3 boxes of ammo for $100

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GrinderCB
                            Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 442

                            Originally posted by ZenDaddy
                            Here you go! Pretty cool!
                            Amazing what you get by Googling the patent#...
                            I'm good with numbers:
                            .22 .32 .380 .40 5.56 .223

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1