Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GSSF Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hqly2001
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 87

    GSSF Purchase

    I was given a list of participants and i've called two and they said they have no clue how they got on the list and are not participants. Is this common?

    I know LC action is and am considering going there. But should I assume that most will know the price and that 3 clips come with each purchase?

    Does anyone know what generation are offer for the gssf purchases?
    What kinds of fees and other costs should i expect with my purchase?
    Taxes and Dros ($25)? anything else?
  • #2
    SJgunguy24
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14849

    Originally posted by hqly2001
    I was given a list of participants and i've called two and they said they have no clue how they got on the list and are not participants. Is this common?

    I know LC action is and am considering going there. But should I assume that most will know the price and that 3 clips come with each purchase?

    Does anyone know what generation are offer for the gssf purchases?
    What kinds of fees and other costs should i expect with my purchase?
    Taxes and Dros ($25)? anything else?

    I know of only 1 in the Bay Area, that is LC Action. If your LEO then you get the GSSF price anyway. If not you can only buy rostered guns at that price. As to how many mag's, most guns at LC come with 3 mags, that's because they sell exclusively weapons for duty use. Not 100% sure if your gun will have 3 or not though.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
    The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
    The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
    The others, well......they just never learn.

    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
    Patrick Henry.

    Comment

    • #3
      pinwheels
      Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 313

      I just got a G17 through Bullseye in San Rafael. Check the GSSF website for the current pricelist and available models. OD is disappearing, as is RTF2. No Gen4s for California unless you're authorized to buy non-rostered models. GSSF gave me a list of about 6 or 8dealers around the bay area (actually, they read me the complete list of CA cities and asked which were close). Bullseye was out of stock for several weeks, so you may want to ask about that. Mine came with three standard cap mags (not "clips"), which the store is swapping out for 10 rounders.

      Comment

      • #4
        fusion
        Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 218

        Was it using a GSSF member discount at Bullseye? Just curious because they where listed on the list but when I called, I was told that they where not. Kind of confusing.


        Originally posted by pinwheels
        I just got a G17 through Bullseye in San Rafael. Check the GSSF website for the current pricelist and available models. OD is disappearing, as is RTF2. No Gen4s for California unless you're authorized to buy non-rostered models. GSSF gave me a list of about 6 or 8dealers around the bay area (actually, they read me the complete list of CA cities and asked which were close). Bullseye was out of stock for several weeks, so you may want to ask about that. Mine came with three standard cap mags (not "clips"), which the store is swapping out for 10 rounders.

        Comment

        • #5
          igorts
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 1562

          LC Action worked well for me. 2 mags for me, it was long wait for G29SF.
          Lifetime NRA Member

          Comment

          • #6
            Donkeypunch0420
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1460

            Sorry to thread jack, but are there any So Cal dealers that honor GSSF discount?

            Comment

            • #7
              pinwheels
              Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 313

              Originally posted by fusion
              Was it using a GSSF member discount at Bullseye? Just curious because they where listed on the list but when I called, I was told that they where not. Kind of confusing.
              Yep, GSSF program. This was Bullseye San Rafael, but I think Castro Valley too. Ask for Ethan.

              Comment

              • #8
                pinwheels
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 313

                Originally posted by Donkeypunch0420
                Sorry to thread jack, but are there any So Cal dealers that honor GSSF discount?
                Yes, there were a bunch of cities on the list. You have to call them to find close ones, but they're very helpful.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hqly2001
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 87

                  how come some only come with two mags for gssf purchase?
                  oon gssf website it says satandard is 3 mags?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gryff
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2006
                    • 12693

                    Originally posted by hqly2001
                    I know LC action is and am considering going there. But should I assume that most will know the price and that 3 clips come with each purchase?

                    Does anyone know what generation are offer for the gssf purchases?
                    What kinds of fees and other costs should i expect with my purchase?
                    Taxes and Dros ($25)? anything else?
                    LC Action will pull out the three high-cap mags and replace them with two 10-rounders.

                    You will get a Generation 3 gun.

                    You will pay tax and DROS on top of the GSSF purchase price.
                    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hqly2001
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 87

                      thx for info gryff...
                      gssf site actually says 3 mags.. so it's not true? and will only be 2?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        7.62x54R
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 1602

                        Originally posted by Donkeypunch0420
                        Sorry to thread jack, but are there any So Cal dealers that honor GSSF discount?
                        Not that i know of. I bought mine threw Eds Public safety did my transfer at T&A Armory in Santa ana. 540$ OTD G19 3 mags
                        Originally posted by rkt88edmo
                        MOOOOOOO!!!
                        Originally posted by Notorious
                        fight the power.
                        Originally posted by Ford8N
                        I have one request, will all the fatties please take a shower and use some deodorant before you go to the show.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Gryff
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • May 2006
                          • 12693

                          Originally posted by hqly2001
                          thx for info gryff...
                          gssf site actually says 3 mags.. so it's not true? and will only be 2?
                          They changed the policy. Prior to this year, it was only two mags. Now it's three.



                          I was also wrong (partially) about the generation. Glock finally added the RTF and Gen4 models to the purchase list. Just an issue with which ones are on the safe handgun roster.


                          Originally posted by 7.62x54R
                          Not that i know of. I bought mine threw Eds Public safety did my transfer at T&A Armory in Santa ana. 540$ OTD G19 3 mags
                          Ugh. Base GSSF price of a G19 is $425. With tax and DROS, it should only be about $497 total. Be sure to call GSSF to get a list of supporting dealers in your area, then call the list. Also be sure to talk to a manager, since not every salesperson will be familiar with the program. That way you can avoid having to hand over extra $$$ to non-list FFL for having it shipped to you.
                          Last edited by Gryff; 10-09-2010, 10:32 AM.
                          My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hqly2001
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 87

                            No doubt most of the folks on the list have no idea what to do. I called a couple of dealers and 3 of the 4 said the gun would not include any magazines and that they would need to buy the 10 cap mags and give them to me. I thought the program was sponsored by Glock but I guess it's not the case. I've also found that most are not fond of the program. One said he'll sell me one but with only 2 mags instead of the three, one said he has no idea what i was talking about and the other said price is for gun only. I would have to buy my own mag. This program is not as well received as I'd thought.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cyc Wid It
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 4485

                              GSSF program = gun shop makes less money. Of course they're grumpy, it's like PPT's... some FFL's grub for every last dollar.
                              WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1