Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thinking about the Springfield XDm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RollingCode3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3221

    Thinking about the Springfield XDm

    Does anyone have experience with the Springfield XDm 9mm or the XDm 3.8 9mm? I've always wanted one of these ever since I first got into guns. I already own a Springfield XD9. Is there a huge different between the XD and the XDm? I might pick one up in a few weeks.
    Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.
  • #2
    Average Joe American
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 582

    No offense but the 3.8 9mm doesnt make sense to me other than its just looks cool. What do you gain with the shorter sight radius other than less accuracy?

    I still like the full sized XDm's though but only if you can have the 19 round mags. Kinda sucks for you Ca. folks. I hated the original XD's looks regardless of how great a gun it might be?

    Comment

    • #3
      Plisk
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 3007

      You do know these are off-list right?
      "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

      Kevin

      Comment

      • #4
        Blackhawk556
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4202

        Die list, die die die
        burn burn burn
        sorry. I'll shut up now
        sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
        "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

        Comment

        • #5
          gorenut
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 3072

          Mostly aesthetics with the XDm as most of us can't take advantage of XDm's greatest advantage of having higher capacity.

          If I were to go with an XD, I'd just go with an XD Tactical or compact.

          Comment

          • #6
            zman
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 3639

            XD(m)

            The (m) stands for Match, among others. It has a match barrel.

            Super Robot VOLTES V

            Comment

            • #7
              DaveFJ80
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2066

              Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.

              Comment

              • #8
                fullrearview
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2008
                • 9371

                Originally posted by RollingCode3
                Does anyone have experience with the Springfield XDm 9mm or the XDm 3.8 9mm? I've always wanted one of these ever since I first got into guns. I already own a Springfield XD9. Is there a huge different between the XD and the XDm? I might pick one up in a few weeks.
                Mine should be in my hands soon! I will give you a full...review when its in my hands.
                "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                Comment

                • #9
                  fullrearview
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 9371

                  Originally posted by DaveFJ80
                  Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.
                  Really??? I thought nothing of this! The HK USP 40 I carry on my hip everyday.....THATS a gritty trigger....Thing feels like Im cockinh one of these....
                  "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RollingCode3
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3221

                    Originally posted by DaveFJ80
                    Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.
                    I wonder why they make the trigger so heavy (short reset but heavy). I know a lot of people need a trigger job on their XDm.
                    Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Quiet
                      retired Goon
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 30242

                      Originally posted by Plisk
                      You do know these are off-list right?
                      The OP is exempt from the approved list.
                      sigpic

                      "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rekrab
                        Valar Dohaeris
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • May 2009
                        • 5534

                        Exposed is a member here that owns an XDm 9mm. I shot it once and I thought it was very nice for what it is. I wouldn't go out of my way for one though.
                        Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

                        Big Ammo Sale!
                        Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sirgiles
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 2311

                          Originally posted by DaveFJ80
                          Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.
                          +1 on this.
                          its the same as your xd9 when you first bought it.

                          since your exempt from the list, its nice to have that 19 round mag as compared to your current xd9 that only has 16 rounds.
                          if your thinking of using the 3.8 as a ccw, printing is a common complaint because of the long grip.
                          "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                          Bruce Lee

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ChrisTKHarris
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 4203

                            OP you realize that the XDm's are NOT on the CA DOJ roster right? I hope you're either an LEO or are willing to shell out some cash for a PPT.
                            Don't let the name fool you...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Plisk
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 3007

                              Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
                              OP you realize that the XDm's are NOT on the CA DOJ roster right? I hope you're either an LEO or are willing to shell out some cash for a PPT.
                              Read the previous posts dude, we've been over it.
                              "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                              Kevin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1