Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Taurus 1911 opinions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dwtt
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 7470

    Taurus 1911 opinions

    Hi,
    does anyone own a Taurus 1911 model with the rail? Either the steel frame 1911B-1 or the Al framed 1911ALR. How does the gun shoot? Does it use Chip McCormick or Novak magazines without any problems?
    Thanks.
    .

    Oh yeah, Taurus bashers should just move along, no need for you to post.
  • #2
    GW
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2004
    • 16078

    I haven't shot one but I have handled the Taurus with the rail
    I found them front-heavy and IMHO they didn't have a good balance That rail is a lot of steel up front. It just felt heavier than other 1911's with rails.

    Good luck finding one here in the PRK
    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

    Comment

    • #3
      fourXfour
      Member
      • May 2006
      • 391

      I have the ALR version. Shoots great.

      Quality is noticeably lacking. The safety is backed out a bit and I can't replace it because the grip screws are stripped. It may need a trip back to the factory soon.

      You definitely gamble when you buy a Taurus.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1