Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington R1...any info?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bcj128
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 462

    Remington R1...any info?

    Hey, I have the ability to get an R1 (I'm an LEO, and can get one shipped for an off-duty/possibly duty gun.) In know, the rule sucks, and I thing most officers agree with you. I also hope they toss it out with the other garbage our elected officials did in the name of "safety"...but I digress.

    My question is, does anyone know anything about them? What is the metallurgy like? Quality, performance with JHP's, etc. I've heard some say the frame is made out of the US and the gun is assembled in Illion, but the gun sayd "Made in Illion, NY".
  • #2
    HCz
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 3295

    From some rumors I've heard, not really worth the money.

    More reading from those who touched it.



    edit: seems like there are different opinions in that thread too
    Last edited by HCz; 09-17-2010, 9:14 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Cyc Wid It
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 4485

      Cast, poor fit and finish. Supposed to compare unfavorable with RIA even though it's priced like a SA.
      WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

      Comment

      • #4
        45DAVID1
        Banned
        • Oct 2007
        • 12145

        I know a LEO who bought one. The fit was good and the finish was nice. The weapon looked and felt good in my opinion. He did a little trigger work and he says the gun shoots alot better now than out of the box. In quality he compares it to his Colt and would buy another.

        Comment

        • #5
          Captain Crunch
          Banned
          • Oct 2010
          • 471

          that man in the thread that said "we need a BCM 1911" is a freakin genius!

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1