Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FN FNP-9 or GLOCK 17??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • igotanewsn
    Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 153

    FN FNP-9 or GLOCK 17??

    Hi I'm new to the forum and I wanted to get some opinions about the next gun I am going to buy. I am deciding between the FN FNP-9 and the GLOCK 17. All opinion are welcome and much appreciated thanks.
  • #2
    Jimmy310
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 1766

    I really like the FNP-9. it is a tad smaller than the glock 17 and is "sig like"...according to NUTNFANCY. I shot one a while ago and liked the sze, weight, trigger feel, and how i was able to shoot it fast and accurately.

    With that being said i recently wanted a polymer pistol and ended up with a M&P 9. I was recommended one by another member here, and then shot one at a socal chapter CGN meeting. I just had to have one and sold my USP 40 to get one.

    Check out this review update of the FNP-9



    WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

    Comment

    • #3
      kozumasbullitt
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2009
      • 2912

      Glock 17

      Comment

      • #4
        igotanewsn
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 153

        thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated

        Comment

        • #5
          aermotor
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Apr 2009
          • 2566

          They are entirely different beasts really... I owned two FNP 40s for about a year. Then recently old them both and moved to Glock 45s. It's really preference. Do you want a hammer or striker fired? Glock wins in accessories by a landslide.

          Comment

          • #6
            Oldnoob
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 2829

            It's a very well made/design pistol. For me, it's a HK USP on budget.

            Note, the trigger is ok at best.
            Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

            Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

            Comment

            • #7
              kozumasbullitt
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2009
              • 2912

              Originally posted by Oldnoob
              It's a very well made/design pistol. For me, it's a HK USP on budget.

              Note, the trigger is ok at best.
              Or just go with a sig pro which is just like a usp at a fraction of the cost.

              Comment

              • #8
                C_1
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 1504

                Cant go wrong with a Glock but the FNP is nice. Hammer fired with interchangable back straps. I think it comes with 3 mags as well. Try em both out (fondling them and shooting a few rounds through each of them), then decide what you like..

                Comment

                • #9
                  BONECUTTER
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 2263

                  FNP-9 has one of my most hated triggers.
                  Try a dry fire test from double action and add a pound of pressure even 10 seconds. 2 minutes later you won't belive it has travelled that far and still not dropped.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    glockstan
                    Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 465

                    Originally posted by igotanewsn
                    Hi I'm new to the forum and I wanted to get some opinions about the next gun I am going to buy. I am deciding between the FN FNP-9 and the GLOCK 17. All opinion are welcome and much appreciated thanks.
                    For me, between those two, I will go with G17

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ZRT650
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 1167

                      A Glock 17 is arguably the most reliable 9mm handgun to ever be designed. If I could only have one handgun it would be either a Glock 19 or Glock 17. If you do not yet own either of the two I would strongly recommend purchasing one prior to the FN even though that too is a fine pistol.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Longbow
                        Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 365

                        FNP-9, in a heartbeat.

                        Better grip angle; I also like the hammer, and the simple manual of arms. The one I shot had a terrific trigger.

                        Cheers,
                        Longbow

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Inviscid07
                          Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 385

                          I have the fnp-9 and love it. I would take the fn over the glock.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            45R
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 2028

                            Glock 17: Mine has been through 5-6 classes. In the near 6K rounds I have shot its had one FTE due to bad ammo.

                            You may also want to consider the M&P9. The ergonomics on the Smith and Wesson is excellent!
                            Pistol-Training.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              aermotor
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 2566

                              Having had both, I'll tell you the Glock trigger destroys the FNP. I really like the FNPs but prefer the simplicity of a Glock.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1