Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

terrible day at the range

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    bayboydray408
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 371

    ya that ammo is priced very good! but do you remember WELLFEDIRISHMAN at the range that day with the bfr 500? I shot his reloads and they were great! I might see if he will just sell me reloads, I havent found him on here yet though.im not payin 70 bucks for 20 rounds of hornady anymore
    I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train, had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though. MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV

    Comment

    • #62
      willw233
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 26

      Ive had the same exact problems with 2 1911 pistols. My Springfield Milspec and my Kimber Custom 2. It would fire a round but would not return to battery. I was patient, lubed it well, made sure all the surfaces were smooth/straight, took it home and racked the slide a few times a day and I would trust them both now. Its frustrating to buy something like that and not have it work right away, but the same thing happens when you buy a BMW and are told you should keep it under 5000 rpm for 3000 miles. I just chalked it up to each gun being unique and I couldnt be happier. All of my problems were gone after about 150 rounds. I just shot them both today and wahhoooo!!! I think the main problem was the ammo. I was trying to shoot crap ammo out of it right away. After a couple boxes of higher quality stuff, it will shoot all the junk now.

      Comment

      • #63
        kellito
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 447

        terrible day at the range

        Originally posted by Fishslayer
        A rough trigger smoothing out is one thing. A weapon that won't function reliably is another.

        I can see the occasional stoppage with a brand new pistol (well, not really, but..), but the idea that the sliding parts need to wear in... sorry. Constant malfs is an indication of something wrong. Enough people have chimed in that their weapons functioned reliably out of the box, so it IS possible.

        As for buying a bunch of new magazines... That's bullcrap. The mags that come with a weapon should function reliably in that weapon, regardless the cost.

        Bayboy, I'll give ya $200 & 500 rds of .45ACP WWB for the Kimber.
        So you think it's crap that sliding parts wear in? How do you sharpen a knife? Grind metal? File your nails?

        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #64
          eccvets
          Banned
          • Jul 2008
          • 1243

          oi, even when i was breaking in my hi-point c9 it didn't jam that much!

          Comment

          • #65
            sabrerider
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 48

            I think i saw you there,the 1st 2 25 yrd lanes. I was with my 10/22 on the 50 yrd. I should have waited to see the 500, next time I'll bring my alaskan 454.I wasnt sure about shooting it there but if the 500 is good than mines no problem.

            Comment

            • #66
              bayboydray408
              Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 371

              Originally posted by sabrerider
              I think i saw you there,the 1st 2 25 yrd lanes. I was with my 10/22 on the 50 yrd. I should have waited to see the 500, next time I'll bring my alaskan 454.I wasnt sure about shooting it there but if the 500 is good than mines no problem.
              If you were there when I was then you saw the ferrari in the handicap space?
              I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train, had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though. MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV

              Comment

              • #67
                bayboydray408
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 371

                oh and a broken kimber being thrown around
                I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train, had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though. MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV

                Comment

                • #68
                  Baxter
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 1334

                  Hope you get it figured out, seems like it needs to be repaired. For those of you who still subscribe to a "break-in period" check this out. http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm I use this method on all my vehicles and have never had a problem.
                  A&M Animal Control of San Diego.
                  Skunks, Raccoons, Opossums, Coyotes and more.
                  PM me for a CalGuns discount. Serving all of San Diego county.
                  http://www.aandmanimalcontrol.com/

                  http://www.sandiegoskunkremoval.com/
                  http://www.skunkremovallajolla.biz/

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    sabrerider
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 48

                    no, didnt see that ! course when im at any range im in gun mode and have blinders on for anything else.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      lazs
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 538

                      If I built a crap pistol and told most of you guys that it took 5,000 rounds to wear in.. I probly would never have to worry about a thing.. most of you never shot that many through a gun and even the best would have a hard time clearing 5,000 malfunctions.

                      I would be rich and retired before anyone figured out the guns were crap.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        wu_dot_com
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 1362

                        Originally posted by lazs
                        If I built a crap pistol and told most of you guys that it took 5,000 rounds to wear in.. I probly would never have to worry about a thing.. most of you never shot that many through a gun and even the best would have a hard time clearing 5,000 malfunctions.

                        I would be rich and retired before anyone figured out the guns were crap.
                        sounds like a sound business plan. i think you should do it. BTW some people here think we are related.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Lancear15
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 2629

                          This is an easy problem to fix...









                          Sell it and buy a glock, problem solved
                          Last edited by Lancear15; 07-06-2010, 2:34 PM.
                          Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
                          NRA Life Member
                          USPSA Member
                          IDPA Member

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Lancear15
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 2629

                            Originally posted by kellito
                            So you think it's crap that sliding parts wear in? How do you sharpen a knife? Grind metal? File your nails?

                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            If the wear in is necessary for the gun to function properly, then it should be done at the factory. In the age of computer controlled machine tools there is no excuse for failure to whatever. It is either bad design or bad craftsmanship, a little of both in this case if you ask me...
                            Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
                            NRA Life Member
                            USPSA Member
                            IDPA Member

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              citystar
                              Junior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 57

                              This is why I stick to those plastic guns.. Just grip it and rip it..

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                GSG222
                                Member
                                • Jun 2010
                                • 134

                                Speaking of bad ammo, how about this - I took my brand new Glock to the range and fired 50 rounds. It took me over an hour! The thing would jam every other round and the gun felt terribly inconsistent. I was almost certain I got a piece of junk... Then the guy next to me noticed I was shooting reloads (free from the place where I bought the gun). He gave me some of his factory rounds, and it was good. It has been shooting beautifully ever since... CHECK YOUR AMMO.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1