Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

left handed 1911 mags?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sevensix2x51
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3835

    left handed 1911 mags?

    anybody in san diego know where to find them? a coworker of mine has been unable to locate any for his caspian. or a good online source would be helpful. is this a caspian only item? thanks y'all!
  • #2
    jaymz
    CGSSA Associate
    • Oct 2006
    • 6298

    Lefty 1911 mags? Is that anything like a metric screwdriver? Or a round tuit?
    War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is......

    Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.

    Comment

    • #3
      sevensix2x51
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3835

      Originally posted by jaymz
      Lefty 1911 mags? Is that anything like a metric screwdriver? Or a round tuit?
      not really, no.

      Comment

      • #4
        Lazr111
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 75

        I think he was confused. Mag release maybe?

        Comment

        • #5
          sevensix2x51
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 3835

          no, the mag release is already on the right side. along with the slide stop. these two items require the magazine to be mirror-imaged.

          hence, a left-handed magazine. think about it.

          Comment

          • #6
            ojisan
            Agent 86
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2008
            • 11781

            There have been a few "mirror-image" Left handed 1911s made over the years by various companies.
            Some even had left handed rifling in the barrels so the gun twists into the left hand when firing, not out of it.

            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
            I don't really care, I just like to argue.

            Comment

            • #7
              wamphyri13
              CGN Contributor
              • Apr 2008
              • 2759

              Originally posted by Lazr111
              I think he was confused. Mag release maybe?
              No, magazines. Since it's a left handed gun, standard mags won't work. The follower won't correctly hit the slide stop. Therefore, reversed mags.
              Ryan
              The following statement is true.
              The preceding statement was false.

              Comment

              • #8
                Cobrafreak
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1335

                Get standard magazines and use a dremel. Instant left handed magazines.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jaymz
                  CGSSA Associate
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 6298

                  Originally posted by sevensix2x51
                  Learn something new everyday I guess.
                  War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is......

                  Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    MossbergMan
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 1255

                    Nice novelty item, but I'm left-handed and have absolultly no use for a left-handed handgun or rifle for that matter. Except for an ambi-safety on my 1911 and an adjustment in the manual of arms to accommodate using the "other hand" everything else works fine. Mag changes? I use my index (trigger finger) to operate the release. No chance of an ND there. I can see the ejection port making malfunction ID easy. Locking the slide back is admistrative and I just change hands.

                    AHA! you say, what about type 3 or failures to extract, have to change hands huh? Nope. Don't even lock the slide back. I use a wounded shooter technique and wah-la the mag is dislodged and I'm free to work the slide.

                    And no I don't know where to find left-handed magazines, muffler bearings, diesel spark plugs or unicorn saddles..sorry. Must be a Caspian only thing.

                    Larry Renner
                    Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                    NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                    You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      liketoshoot
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3810

                      Originally posted by jaymz
                      Learn something new everyday I guess.
                      this.
                      sigpic
                      Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mute
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 8595

                        Good luck with that. That's an extremely uncommon item you're looking for.
                        NRA Benefactor Life Member
                        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                        American Marksman Training Group
                        Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jaymz
                          CGSSA Associate
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 6298

                          Originally posted by MossbergMan
                          And no I don't know where to find left-handed magazines, muffler bearings, diesel spark plugs or unicorn saddles..sorry. Must be a Caspian only thing.

                          Muffler bearing
                          War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is......

                          Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sevensix2x51
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3835

                            Originally posted by MossbergMan
                            Nice novelty item, but I'm left-handed and have absolultly no use for a left-handed handgun or rifle for that matter. Except for an ambi-safety on my 1911 and an adjustment in the manual of arms to accommodate using the "other hand" everything else works fine. Mag changes? I use my index (trigger finger) to operate the release. No chance of an ND there. I can see the ejection port making malfunction ID easy. Locking the slide back is admistrative and I just change hands.

                            AHA! you say, what about type 3 or failures to extract, have to change hands huh? Nope. Don't even lock the slide back. I use a wounded shooter technique and wah-la the mag is dislodged and I'm free to work the slide.

                            And no I don't know where to find left-handed magazines, muffler bearings, diesel spark plugs or unicorn saddles..sorry. Must be a Caspian only thing.

                            well, my friend DOES have use for the left-handed features on his handgun, and likes to shoot it. im not the guy to tell him hes doing it wrong.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sevensix2x51
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 3835

                              Originally posted by Cobrafreak
                              Get standard magazines and use a dremel. Instant left handed magazines.
                              i would think a dremeled magazine would have problems feeding reliably unless you get it exactly perfect, and then it would have a limited life, as heating the metal would likely soften it. one would also have to account for holding the slide open, or not. but i do like that feature as well... thanks for the helpful suggestion nevertheless!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1