Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Blowback vs Recoil - How do they differ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Aim2Shoot
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 36

    FWIW, here is a video. The first 10 minutes contains a description of BB vs recoil pistols using the 1911 as an example of the recoil type. I learned a little watching this video. The last 4 minutes or so is a rant about a different topic.

    Comment

    • #17
      redcliff
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2008
      • 5676

      You can use blow-back on larger handgun cartridges, such as 9mm and .45acp, but the bolt gets very heavy. MAC10's and Uzi's are examples.
      "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
      "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
      "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

      "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
      although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

      Comment

      • #18
        SoCal Gunner
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 1632

        Nice update for the thread - Thanks for posting the video.
        .

        .

        California Reloading Club - IE Section

        Comment

        • #19
          rsrocket1
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 2772

          I thought Hi Points were pure blowback guns, including the 9mm, 40, and 45ACP along with the carbines.

          Comment

          • #20
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            Originally posted by rsrocket1
            I thought Hi Points were pure blowback guns, including the 9mm, 40, and 45ACP along with the carbines.
            they are that is why they have slides that look like bricks


            also the intertec (tec-9 also blowback) fame made a gun that looked like a glock called cat-9 it was a palm stinger

            same with the mac-11/10 ,and uzi if weight is not an issue you can almost make anything blowback

            the m2 50 bmg is recoil operated

            john browning was magical

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1