im looking to buy my first 45 this summer and really love those 2 1911's. im leaning more towards the sig line. does anyone have experience with these handguns or preferences as to which one is more ex. reliable, easier to maintain etc? any help would be appreciated.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
springfield 1911 vs sig 1911
Collapse
X
-
springfield 1911 vs sig 1911
Tags: None -
Either would be good. If you have not done so yet, take a look at the dan wesson 1911's. I think they are the best buy on the 1911 market right now. -
There has been a review from an owner that has owned both. He says the Sig does everything the Operator does at a lower cost. However, what it lacks is the lifetime warranty that SA offers it's customers. If you're willing to take care of your gun, and are on a budget, go for the Sig, if you're thinking about making possible upgrades or mods to your 1911 in the future, you may want to go SA.Comment
-
I have shot both many times. My shooting buddy had a SA 1911 Professional for about a month and that thing was a nightmare. The guide rod was loose from the factory, the sights were messed up and it failed to feed all the time. He traded it for a Sig p220.
The Sig is accurate as hell out of the box, and is solid with great trigger feel. I had no problem shooting decent groups at 15-20 yards my first time shooting it. It was reliable and very sturdy, wouldn't mind owning one.
GregComment
-
I believe the Sig 1911 has lifetime warranty as well.There has been a review from an owner that has owned both. He says the Sig does everything the Operator does at a lower cost. However, what it lacks is the lifetime warranty that SA offers it's customers. If you're willing to take care of your gun, and are on a budget, go for the Sig, if you're thinking about making possible upgrades or mods to your 1911 in the future, you may want to go SA.Comment
-
I have shot both many times. My shooting buddy had a SA 1911 Professional for about a month and that thing was a nightmare. The guide rod was loose from the factory, the sights were messed up and it failed to feed all the time. He traded it for a Sig p220.
The Sig is accurate as hell out of the box, and is solid with great trigger feel. I had no problem shooting decent groups at 15-20 yards my first time shooting it. It was reliable and very sturdy, wouldn't mind owning one.
Greg
Waaaaaaaaaaaaitaminute. He traded a Springfield PROFESSIONAL for a Sig P220? I find it difficult to believe it had all those problems seeing as it comes from the custom shop.WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19Comment
-
yea sig does, and also i could be wrong, but if you have someone work on it other then SA or SIG themselfs it voids all warrentys. so actually if your gonna do stuff to it in the future and they are both equally good, i would think go with the cheaper model so you can put the extra money toward extra modsThere has been a review from an owner that has owned both. He says the Sig does everything the Operator does at a lower cost. However, what it lacks is the lifetime warranty that SA offers it's customers. If you're willing to take care of your gun, and are on a budget, go for the Sig, if you're thinking about making possible upgrades or mods to your 1911 in the future, you may want to go SA.
i also have two sig 1911s... love em... no hickups yet.
cant speak for SA. great pistols but never owned one. hope that helps!
Comment
-
no no no
i have a sig 1911, im not saying its better or worse, but i also say i dont have a "sig". they do try to make it look different then traditional 1911s with the harder edges, but its still not a 226, 9, or 0
Comment
-
i take that back, i do say i have a sig... its just that its not the "traditional" sig look...
the p220 p226 and p229 all look the same and thats the "sig look" to me
thats all
Comment
-
I've shot many Springfield 1911s back in the days and I own a non railed Sig Revolution TTT. It hasn't given me any problem since day one, no FTE/FTF so far with reloaded 230 grn ball, 185 - 200 grn JHP, 200 grn SWC-HC, and factory Winchester PDX1. I did replace the factory guide rod to a Wilson full length guide rod just because I like a little bit more weight up front. The fit of this Sig TTT specimen is not very tight, I can feel a bit of vertical/horizontal play on the slide to frame fit, while the barrel/bushing fit is tight, but smooth. The breach face fit is not match grade fit, but there is no discernible play leading me to believe that the barrel lugs both upper and lower are fitted correctly without the 1/8" before lock-up drag. The accuracy is excellent, I have been able to print 2" groups at 25 yards from the bench. I have shot it using the factory supplied 8 round mags, a stock 7 round Colt mag and CMC 8 rounders and all rounds fed and fired after about two weeks of being stored in the mags fully loaded just to test them out. I wouldn't hesitate to have this Sig TTT as my CCW, but it's a bit too big for that purpose for me. It is very accurate and has been very reliable so far. I don't own any Springfield at the moment, but for their defense, the current loaded models in 45 ACP that I looked over at gunshows and shops are nicely fitted and finished. I just don't like 2 piece barrels and I'm not sure which model uses what.The wise man said just find your place
In the eye of the storm
Seek the roses along the way
Just beware of the thorns... K. MeineComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,411
Posts: 25,147,507
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22386 users online. 37 members and 22349 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment