Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

clarification needed on gun auction terms

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ruchik
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 1189

    clarification needed on gun auction terms

    I'm browsing around looking for a SW1911 Compact ES which I am fairly sure is NOT on the CA DOJ list (unless I'm wrong and misread it) to see if there's any in CA on auctions, and lo and behold I found one. Now, in his description, he says "It is Buyer's responsibility to ensure that the weapon is LEGAL to own in your city/state", and "No refunds are given if the weapon is not transferable". Which, unless I am mistaken, means I can't buy the gun. But in the next sentence, he says, "IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA Please add $10 for the extra paperwork to comply with California law".

    Now what the heck does that mean? It's not on the list (at least I'm fairly sure it wasn't), which would make it illegal to buy, but I can pay $10 for paperwork and somehow make it legal? Or does this simply mean I would have to pay extra for the CA DOJ paperwork that everyone has to go through?
  • #2
    wamphyri13
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2008
    • 2759

    More than likely, it's just a standardized form the seller uses for all auctions. In other words, it's up to you to be sure it's CA legal. If it's CA legal, they want an extra $10 for nothing.
    Ryan
    The following statement is true.
    The preceding statement was false.

    Comment

    • #3
      Thefeeder
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 5007

      nn

      Ruchic.....pm me with the details. I can walk you through it.

      Comment

      • #4
        ruchik
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 1189

        Nah it's ok...I really appreciate the offer, but I'm just going to look for something else. The ES's are pretty pricey anyhow.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1