Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Should I refinish my 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wags0306
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 54

    Should I refinish my 1911

    I have an older Colt 1911 38 super thats pretty weathered. I want to restore it to what it should have looked like new but Im afraid that it might be worth more if its in the state it is now.

    What do you guys think?

  • #2
  • #3
    benbangui
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1394

    i dont know about it being worth more, but i will say it looks pretty sweet "old school" the way it is
    Check Out my Youtube Channel!

    Comment

    • #4
      NiteQwill
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2007
      • 6368

      Leave it. Wear is good.

      The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

      Comment

      • #5
        Capt_Communist
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 851

        Keep it old school... much cooler, plus it's history

        Comment

        • #6
          Saigon1965
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 17278

          Unless you go full blown custom on her - Leave her and enjoy the old blueing thats left on her -

          Comment

          • #7
            GM4spd
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2008
            • 5682

            You may want to leave it as it is---it is certainly worth more in it's
            original condition. Any refinished pistol has 0 % Original finish. There are
            a lot of 38 Super pistols that can be purchased for shooting. Pete

            Comment

            • #8
              CenterX
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 1721

              Leave it natural and care for it with a nice oiling.
              I refinished a few guns that were in actual poor condition and would challenge all to do the same in most cases it is good firearm safety and stewardship.
              In this case - I'm sorta on the fence but would keep it natural and oiled.
              sigpic
              - Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW

              Comment

              • #9
                smittty
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2008
                • 6270

                I would refinish it, change the mainspring housing to a flat one, long trigger, 25 LPI front strap, lower and flare ejection port.

                Or leave it as is!

                Comment

                • #10
                  evidens83
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 7839

                  I'd leave it alone.
                  WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    ponderosa
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 1192

                    Leave it and love it, that is sweet!!!

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      Ducman
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2107

                      I always prefer this



                      over this



                      That stays in the safe and not enjoy it
                      sent from my iPhone 1911 using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        rhbanjo
                        Member
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 336

                        Why not leave it the way it is and use that as an excuse to buy a new one!

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          Jim McCoin
                          Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 114

                          I wouldn't touch it, it has great patina. As you can see that's how most folks feel.

                          Jim
                          The large print giveth, the small print taketh away.

                          Tom Waits.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            patriot_man
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 2640

                            yep I would keep it the way it is. Looks great anyways

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1