Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Keep your finge straight video??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ken Cochrane
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 19

    Keep your finge straight video??

    A while back, I was watching a video online of several LE officers apprehending a guy. They have him on the ground and several officers are around him with their handguns covering him. One of them has her finger on the trigger and accidently shoots him several times. I am looking to find this video again so that I can include it in one of my training classes. Anybody have any link to it. Thanks in advance
  • #2
    c good
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2726

    I remember seeing this video also but don't remember where. If I remember the female officer didn't actually shoot the guy but some of the fragments from the bullet impacts into pavement may have done some minor damage. Either way she screwed up bigtime and hopefully got relieved of duty permanently! Sorry I can't remember the link. c good

    Comment

    • #3
      Matt C
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2006
      • 7128

      my google fu is strong:


      Edited to add: FYI the video link above has some foul language edited in for the intro/end.
      Last edited by Matt C; 03-27-2007, 8:43 PM.
      I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

      The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

      Comment

      • #4
        taloft
        Well used Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Sep 2002
        • 2696

        I to would like to see this video.

        Originally posted by Ken Cochrane
        One of them has her finger on the trigger and accidently shoots him several times.
        The first time might be an accident but, after that can you really call it an accident? That's like saying I accidently ran over my ex-wife several times. JMHO
        .




        "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."--Plato

        Comment

        • #5
          Matt C
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2006
          • 7128

          Before anyone talks crap about female cops though:


          And who could forget this guy:
          I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

          The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

          Comment

          • #6
            Greg-Dawg
            Banned
            • Oct 2006
            • 7793

            It's a sad fact that some full time cops end their training at the academy.

            Get CONTINUAL training!!

            Comment

            • #7
              leelaw
              Junior Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 10445

              Originally posted by Ken Cochrane
              A while back, I was watching a video online of several LE officers apprehending a guy. They have him on the ground and several officers are around him with their handguns covering him. One of them has her finger on the trigger and accidently shoots him several times. I am looking to find this video again so that I can include it in one of my training classes. Anybody have any link to it. Thanks in advance
              If you're thinking of the same situation that I am, then your memory seems to be taking some artistic license.

              -There are two officers near the arrestee
              -There is one cover officer
              -She fires only one shot
              -She does not shoot the arrestee

              Originally posted by taloft
              The first time might be an accident but, after that can you really call it an accident? That's like saying I accidently ran over my ex-wife several times. JMHO
              See above.

              Comment

              • #8
                Ken Cochrane
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2007
                • 19

                Thanks fr th link. That's exactly what I was looking for.

                The message here is not about male or female LE. the message for all of us is keep your finger off the trigger unless you intend to shoot

                Comment

                • #9
                  mquejr
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 1169

                  let's not forget this guy
                  A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

                  -*Deep Thoughts* by Jack Handy

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rh3431
                    Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 142

                    I'm sorry to tell you guys this... but a lot of cops have very little or even no experience with guns going into the academy. A lot of people don't bother to practice after they qualify and just sit around like a bump on a log for 4 months before their next qualification. Passing score for LA County Sheriffs qualification is 210 out of 300 possible pts. You would be surprised how many deputies squeeze by with scores under 230.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      zefflyn
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 537

                      Originally posted by Blackwater OPS
                      Before anyone talks crap about female cops though:


                      And who could forget this guy:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GblexXFLtYg
                      That was the same video, both times.

                      Originally posted by Blackwater OPS
                      my google fu is strong:


                      Edited to add: FYI the video link above has some foul language edited in for the intro/end.
                      Tip - in the related video list, there are multiple copies of it without the "additional commentary."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Directshot
                        Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 169

                        Just because your a cop doesn't mean you know how to handle a weapon or that you can shoot. Most time spent during academy training is bench shooting, not developing the skills to move and shoot. Shooting skills are perishable skills that do take more than a couple trips to the range per year to maintain.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Pvt. Cowboy
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 2688

                          Originally posted by Ken Cochrane
                          A while back, I was watching a video online of several LE officers apprehending a guy. They have him on the ground and several officers are around him with their handguns covering him. One of them has her finger on the trigger and accidently shoots him several times. I am looking to find this video again so that I can include it in one of my training classes. Anybody have any link to it. Thanks in advance
                          There is also another YouTube video around where a mob of SoCal police are trying to get a gang banger off the roof of a house after a high speed chase, and the gang banger finally tries to make a break for it by jumping down and escaping through a wall of cops.

                          A fat sheriff's deputy holding an Hk MP5-SD blaps off a shot into the ground when the kid bumps into him while running by. Safety off, finger on the trigger, first time he probably ever held one in the field. Bump, *blap*.

                          Not surprisingly, no-one notices. You can see it on the video when they play it again in slo-mo.

                          Good luck finding the clip.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            1911su16b870
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 7654

                            Originally posted by mquejr
                            I had never seen this vid before. WOW an AD in a room full of kids with their parents. First Law "A Firearm is ALWAYS Loaded". Seemed that after he shot himself in the foot, everyone wanted to run away when he was getting ready to show the rifle! Smart crowd...thanks for posting that link.
                            "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                            NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                            GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                            Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                            I instruct it if you shoot it.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ibbryn
                              Member
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 223

                              Originally posted by 1911su16b870
                              I had never seen this vid before. WOW an AD in a room full of kids with their parents. First Law "A Firearm is ALWAYS Loaded". Seemed that after he shot himself in the foot, everyone wanted to run away when he was getting ready to show the rifle! Smart crowd...thanks for posting that link.
                              You've never seen that before? You HAVE to start using the quote "I am the only one it this room professional enough..."

                              I love that clip of the Vegas chick's ND. She gives a little "oh ****" jump and tries to reholster while the perp is still unsecured. Of course I doubt if he is considering making a break for it at this point.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1