Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to Lock a Standard Glock Case

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shotgun Man
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 4053

    How to Lock a Standard Glock Case

    I was disappointed to find that the standard glock case is not easily lockable.

    The last new handgun I purchased, a Ruger, came with a case with a hole in the handle, allowing one to insert a small, chintzy lock.

    A standard masterlock gym locker combo can't close around the handle. I already dumped a lot of cash into this gun and am looking for a cheap solution.

    I guess I need a lock with a longer shackle.

    I'm surprised that Glock leaves the gun owner hanging on this one. I understand they sell a lockable case, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy that.
  • #2
    DaveFJ80
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2066

    Cable lock, wrapped around the handle on the standard Glock case.

    Comment

    • #3
      Shotgun Man
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 4053

      Originally posted by DaveFJ80
      Cable lock, wrapped around the handle on the standard Glock case.
      Thanks. I guess I should have added I'm looking for quick and easy access. On my Ruger I would set the combo lock just one digit off, and I can open it in a hurry.

      Comment

      • #4
        f33dback
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 327

        So that's what that cable lock that I was forced to buy is for =)
        "If any question why we died,
        Tell them because our fathers lied."

        Comment

        • #5
          SJgunguy24
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2008
          • 14849

          Find a lock with a longer "U" bolt. They can be found at any hardware store.
          There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
          The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
          The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
          The others, well......they just never learn.

          "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
          Patrick Henry.

          Comment

          • #6
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            a cable lock does not secure the old tupperware box ive been thinking about lathing a plug to fit through up from the bottom and put a hole for a padlock on the top

            if you run a cable lock through that hole you could just open the lid pull the gun out with the cable lock and box still attached but it would still be functional

            Comment

            • #7
              tom1850
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 182

              I found the best solution was at Home Depot. About 8 links of a small solid chain and small Master Lock. Works nicely and will not allow access. That was the problem I had with the standard cable lock and the amount it allowed to open would not have been considered locked and secured by the powers that be.
              If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

              Comment

              • #8
                Deadpool
                Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 204

                I found that if I wrap my cable lock around the handle 3 times, it securely locks the Glock case. (takes a little work)

                Comment

                • #9
                  ilikeguns
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 782

                  Ruger 10-22 lock works perfectly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kozumasbullitt
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 2912

                    I used a larger masterlock in the past, I found one that clears the handle perfect.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1