So today I took out my new Loaded. First time shooting it. Prior to taking it out I cleaned it and lubed the rails.
I was shooting Remmington 230gr ball ammo. First 4 mags not a hicup. Shot great. 5th mag 2nd round fires then a FTE. Cleared it fired the rest of the mag no problem. Reloaded 5 mags, shot 7 more rounds no problem. Then the next mag had a couple more FTE's. Next mag no problems. Last 3 mags each had a couple FTE's.
All the magaziens are new SA 7 round mags. The gun looks like it got pretty dirty with the Remington rounds. Could this be the cause of the FTE's?
Any ideas would be great guys.
Thanks
I was shooting Remmington 230gr ball ammo. First 4 mags not a hicup. Shot great. 5th mag 2nd round fires then a FTE. Cleared it fired the rest of the mag no problem. Reloaded 5 mags, shot 7 more rounds no problem. Then the next mag had a couple more FTE's. Next mag no problems. Last 3 mags each had a couple FTE's.
All the magaziens are new SA 7 round mags. The gun looks like it got pretty dirty with the Remington rounds. Could this be the cause of the FTE's?
Any ideas would be great guys.
Thanks

Just kidding. Try to shoot about 100 rounds next time and if it still doing it you may want the extractor, chamber and ejector checked out by a competent 1911 smith.
Comment