Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

...........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    dirtnap
    Banned
    • Aug 2009
    • 1669

    I just bought a Taurus PT111 for my sister to use in a couple of training sessions. I got it yesterday, so I can only comment on it's size. It's small, light, and fits in my hand fine...not to mention itwas 350.00. If I shoot it today I'll let you know how it goes.


    Comment

    • #47
      aermotor
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Apr 2009
      • 2566

      5.7 is so overkill come on people

      Comment

      • #48
        Juicymeat
        Banned
        • Jun 2008
        • 423

        My girlfriend is about the size of your wife and she loves my H&K P2000. Its light, small but not too small, fits her small hands well, and most important, the slide is easy as hell to rack. I don't know what it is about H&K pistols but their slides are the easiest to rack out of any semi-auto I own and my girlfriend who normally can't rack any of the slides on my guns has no trouble with the P2000. Keep in mind that there are two trigger variants in California so if you're interested try both.

        Comment

        • #49
          Swift Justice
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 600

          If you're looking for a gun that packs a punch but has light recoil, that's your ticket.

          If given the choice between that and a .22 magnum wheel gun, I know which one I'd choose.

          Other threats to consider, not just the two legged kind of critter. Every couple of years it seems some jogger (usually female) is attacked or killed by a mountain lion in these parts.

          Originally posted by aermotor
          5.7 is so overkill come on people
          Slow justice is no justice.

          I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

          Comment

          • #50
            BigBamBoo
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2008
            • 5215

            .........
            Last edited by BigBamBoo; 08-08-2011, 9:33 PM.
            Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

            What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

            "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
            - Sigmund Freud

            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            It makes it bigger and longer.

            Comment

            • #51
              pl408
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 640

              Alright Stan
              We already know your a pimp!
              check out the fiveseven for sure its a hot rod with almost no recoil
              HK P2000 9mm
              Sig P239 9mm
              and Glock 19
              I dont know much about wheel guns but check these out for sure

              Comment

              • #52
                BunnySlayer
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 992

                If she is recoil sensitive a lightweight, small frame gun probably isn't the answer. Your Ruger is probably an excellent choice as is any medium frame all steel revolver or auto. Try getting an action/trigger job on your Ruger. If this doesnt fit the bill a good mid size 9mm might be the ticket. Try going to a range and renting guns and find what she likes shooting. +p rounds in the Ruger could be adding to the problem. Try some lower powered rounds and see if this doesnt help. The suggestion of professional training was a good one also. Try Bill and Cheryl Murphy at Firearms Training Associates. www.ftatv.com
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #53
                  AbbyCat
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 65

                  Speaking of the Firearms Training Associates...they offer a Ladies class that includes the opportunity to handle and shoot many different pistols. However, the next class isn't until June. You may not want to wait that long to make a decision.
                  SW M&P 9
                  Glock 34
                  Kahr P9
                  Ruger 22/45

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    BunnySlayer
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 992

                    I made my wife take that class. She did it again because it was fun.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      BigBamBoo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 5215

                      ..........
                      Last edited by BigBamBoo; 08-08-2011, 9:32 PM.
                      Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

                      What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

                      "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
                      - Sigmund Freud

                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      It makes it bigger and longer.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        RedFord150
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 5665

                        Originally posted by BigBamBoo
                        ...will try and find some standard .38 spl. rounds to run it....
                        See if you can find some full wadcutters in .38 special. These are very mild target rounds for practice only. They are not good for HD.
                        The trigger job is a great idea. I had an SP101 in .22LR for several years. The factory trigger was horrible. By comparison, my 20 year-old GP100 has a great trigger job and I would compare it to a Python. Smooth as glass...
                        Good luck.
                        God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Echidin
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 3072

                          S&W airweight .38 spl
                          Has she tired the .38 spl Federal hydra-shok (low recoil) 110 gr. JHP?
                          Last edited by Echidin; 03-09-2010, 9:37 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1