Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Besides Springfield Armory, Who Else Makes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    chickenfried
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 7160

    The gun with all the blood on it doesn't have adjustable sights? Couldn't read the link some kinda membership needed.

    Originally posted by ianS
    That pic is from a Tactical Response class from one of their AAR's. http://getoffthex.com/groupee/?s=817104881&cdra=Y From doing Tap Rack Bang drills.

    One of the reasons why I stay away from adjustable sights on a defense pistol.
    Originally posted by victor1echo
    Hollywood is satan!!!!
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      Jason762
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 1704

      Originally posted by chickenfried
      The gun with all the blood on it doesn't have adjustable sights? Couldn't read the link some kinda membership needed.
      +1 even after I registered, I couldn't get to the thread. Just brings me to the home page
      Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

      Comment

      • #18
        ianS
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2004
        • 1108

        Oops yeah, I just linked to their site. I'll try to find it. The pic was saved to my photobucket. Its from a old thread. You do need a membership to see it if you find it..

        edit:
        It simply won't let me search back that far.
        Last edited by ianS; 02-23-2010, 3:42 PM.

        Comment

        • #19
          Daniel Hunter
          Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 165

          Originally posted by Rekrab
          Just from handling, the Rock Island isn't appreciably different from the SA GI.

          I've shot an older SA GI (from when they were still made in America) next to my RIA tactical, and I would say they're very equal in terms of quality.

          You'll also save a couple hundred bucks going the RIA route.

          Springfield Armory 1911's have always been made in Brazil. Some final fitting may be done in the U.S. on certain models but that's it.

          Comment

          • #20
            Rekrab
            Valar Dohaeris
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • May 2009
            • 5534

            Weird, I didn't see Brazil stamped on his. Regardless, it was older.
            Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

            Big Ammo Sale!
            Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

            Comment

            • #21
              sofine354
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 49

              Auto ordnance is now owned by Kahr Arms. I am 85% sure they are US made, and are under $500 at Bass Pro, so they must be affordable other places.
              "Never insult seven men if all yer packin' is a sixgun"

              Comment

              • #22
                Blackhawk556
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4202

                springfield 1911s are made in Brazil?? damn i always thought they were 100% American made. Is there a company that does their entire gun manufacturing in America? or do they import parts from all over the place?
                sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
                "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

                Comment

                • #23
                  twinjetguy
                  Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 399

                  I have a Rock Island and a Springfield Armory. I like them both. The only reason I picked up the springfield is their reputation and it was OD green. Rock Island makes a great product and you can't beat their price. You can't go wrong either way.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1