Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

anybody here shoot 10mm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beerman
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2009
    • 5200

    anybody here shoot 10mm?

    Ive had a Colt Delta since the early 80s but dont shoot it much at all. Badass caliber,lots of punch. The only reason it doesn't see much daylite is the fact that ammo is a ***** to find, and even though I reload,the darn thing throws brass a mile. I loose a fair amount of brass. Wonder if anybody ever made a wheel gun in this caliber?Any opinions on the mighty 10?
  • #2
    GunDog
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 1821

    Smith & Wesson Model 610 "N" Frame

    Originally posted by beerman
    Wonder if anybody ever made a wheel gun in this caliber?
    Smith & Wesson has their Model 610 chambered in the 10mm round. Believe one must use moon clips to load with though. Also fires the .40 S&W round.
    NRA Life Benefactor Member
    CRPA Life Member
    VFW Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      nn3453
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 2245

      Originally posted by beerman
      Wonder if anybody ever made a wheel gun in this caliber?
      S&W 610. Fast reloading through moon clips.

      Will also let you shoot .40 when you run out of 10mm.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        sammy
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 3847

        I love my G20SF. Very accurate and lots of fun to shoot. If you are loosing your brass you might want to make a brass catcher or bring a buddy to hunt them down while you shoot.

        Comment

        • #5
          Spyder
          CGN Contributor
          • Mar 2008
          • 17273

          ALMOST bought a Glock 20 just today. Talked myself out of it though 'cause I have other stuff I want to buy first.

          Comment

          • #6
            dfletcher
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2006
            • 14811

            Moon clips aren't required when using 10mm out of the 610, does make loading & unloading easier though.
            GOA Member & SAF Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              GunDog
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1821

              The 610 can be fired with or without the aid of moon clips, but unless you use the moon clips, the empty brass will have to be poked out with a dowel rod or something similar. With the moon clip in place, extraction is quick and easy. The best benefit of the moon clip is the speed at which six cartridges can be just almost dropped into the chambers.
              NRA Life Benefactor Member
              CRPA Life Member
              VFW Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                TKM
                Onward through the fog!
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 10657

                I've got a Ruger Blackhawk with 10mm and 38/40 cylinders.

                It's a single action so it's exempt from "THE LIST" if you find one out of state.
                It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                Comment

                • #9
                  vta
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 1672

                  sw 610 is on my short wishlist of revolvers.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pennys dad
                    Arizona Ex-Pat
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 5984

                    I want a 10mm badly but the glock just doesnt fit my hand. Kimber has one and I have on and off looked into buying one. The 610 would be a nice one to have as well.
                    Pennys Dad

                    Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      g17owner
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 881

                      The 10mm is a great semi auto cartridge. I t can do just about everything the 357mag can do in an auto loading package. My good friend has a delta elite and i absolutley love that thing. I really find it manageable even with the stoutest loads. Damn now i want a 10mm again!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Turbinator
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 11963

                        Reload! Makes it much easier to keep 10mm ammo around.

                        Turby

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          MustangGreg66
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 981

                          My dad has a Delta I've been begging him to hand down to me. I've also been looking into the Kimber Target II in 10mm, but they're a little pricey new. I think I'd get a .40 S&W barrel fit also if I got either one, I've got a ton of .40 brass and only a handful of 10mm brass from dad's gun over the years, it doesn't see the light of day every often.

                          I've always wanted to shoot it more because of the inherant accuracy it's supposed to have. I'd really like to see what it can do.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bwiese
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 27621

                            S&W 1006. Love it.

                            (Love it so much I got a 4506, its brother in 45ACP and just picked up a 5906 in 9mm as well.)

                            Time to stock up on more ammo.

                            Bill Wiese
                            San Jose, CA

                            CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                            sigpic
                            No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                            to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                            ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                            employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                            legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              okimreloaded
                              Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 310

                              considering a glock 20 myself

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1