Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

30 day handgun purchase wait question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • boxtype1
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1338

    30 day handgun purchase wait question

    Hello. Is there a 30 day wait to purchase another handgun even if its a private party transfer or consignment, Or is it only when you buy one new from a retail store. Thanks
    Nardong Putik

    "I want an assault rifle.....and if something better than an assault rifle comes out. I'll want that one too"
  • #2
    X-NewYawker
    In Memoriam
    • May 2008
    • 5993

    Only when you do a new gun from store.
    PPT between individuals is exempt
    I once bought thirty PPT handguns in one visit!

    Well... I WANTED to...

    Comment

    • #3
      elrcastor
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2009
      • 963

      The 1 in 30 applies to guns that are in the dealers inventory. PPT's and consignments don't count.
      www.bumpfire.net

      www.CAPRC.Com

      Comment

      • #4
        NorCalMama
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Nov 2009
        • 2970

        What penal code says that PPT's and consignments are exempt from the 30 24 hour period??? I never knew that they were exempt from that godless law.

        Thanks!
        Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
        I'm not a big fan of VAG.
        Originally posted by M. Sage
        Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
        Originally posted by bruceflinch
        F the World Bank
        F the UN &
        F Obama


        Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!

        Comment

        • #5
          elrcastor
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2009
          • 963

          This law has been incorporated into California Penal Code (PC) sections 12071 and 12072.

          www.bumpfire.net

          www.CAPRC.Com

          Comment

          • #6
            Librarian
            Admin and Poltergeist
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 44689

            Originally posted by NorCalMama
            What penal code says that PPT's and consignments are exempt from the 30 24 hour period??? I never knew that they were exempt from that godless law.

            Thanks!
            Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the Roster. (Penal Code 12132(a)).

            Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the 1 per 30 days rule. (Penal Code 12072(a)(9)(B)(viii))

            Except, of course, in Los Angeles.
            ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

            Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

            Comment

            • #7
              NorCalMama
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Nov 2009
              • 2970

              Originally posted by Librarian
              Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the Roster. (Penal Code 12132(a)).

              Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the 1 per 30 days rule. (Penal Code 12072(a)(9)(B)(viii))

              Except, of course, in Los Angeles.
              Are you serious??? How can a city/town/etc decide they can override state law?!
              Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
              I'm not a big fan of VAG.
              Originally posted by M. Sage
              Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
              Originally posted by bruceflinch
              F the World Bank
              F the UN &
              F Obama


              Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!

              Comment

              • #8
                nitrofc
                Calguns Addict
                • Nov 2009
                • 6654

                Originally posted by NorCalMama
                Are you serious??? How can a city/town/etc decide they can override state law?!
                They create their own City Ordinance.

                I'm not joking.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Librarian
                  Admin and Poltergeist
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 44689

                  Originally posted by NorCalMama
                  Are you serious??? How can a city/town/etc decide they can override state law?!
                  The usual ways - unbridled arrogance, foremost.

                  But there's a very common misunderstanding about what the State controls entirely, and what it has said nothing about.

                  From the Wiki ...

                  State preemption in Government Code is really quite narrow:

                  53071. It is the intention of the Legislature to occupy the whole
                  field of regulation of the registration or licensing
                  of commercially manufactured firearms as encompassed by
                  the provisions of the Penal Code, and such provisions shall be
                  exclusive of all local regulations, relating to registration or
                  licensing of commercially manufactured firearms, by any
                  political subdivision as defined in Section 1721 of the Labor
                  Code.

                  Regulation outside the scope of 53071 is not preempted.
                  That is, the State controls
                  registration
                  and
                  licensing
                  of commercially manufactured firearms .

                  Contrast 53071 with 53071.5:
                  53071.5. By the enforcement of this section, the Legislature
                  occupies the whole field of regulation of the
                  manufacture,
                  sale, or
                  possession
                  of imitation firearms, as defined in Section 12550 of the
                  Penal Code, and that section shall preempt and be exclusive of all
                  regulations relating to the manufacture, sale, or possession of
                  imitation firearms, including regulations governing the manufacture,
                  sale, or possession of BB devices and air rifles described in
                  subdivision (g) of Section 12001 of the Penal Code.
                  Last edited by Librarian; 01-10-2010, 7:42 PM.
                  ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                  Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    den888
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10520

                    This is correct. I once bought 2 PPT's/consignments at a gun shop and I had no problems taking them both home after the 10 day waiting period.


                    Originally posted by X-NewYawker
                    Only when you do a new gun from store.
                    PPT between individuals is exempt
                    I once bought thirty PPT handguns in one visit!

                    Well... I WANTED to...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bigthaiboy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 4795

                      Correct, unlimited handgun PPTs and consignment guns in any 30 days period, but you still have to fill in a seperate 4473 form and pay DROS for EACH handgun. The state gives no discounts for volume.

                      Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1