Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

springfield xd

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • easy b
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 4

    springfield xd

    i was thinking about buying the xd .40 just wanted to see if what some of the pros and cons are between that and a glock .40 the glock 22 i think it is
  • #2
    Mason McDuffie
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1102

    I love my XD40. Easy break down. I fond the break down easier then my Glock, but I might just not spend enough time breaking down the Glock. Both are great guns in their category. I just enjoy the XD more. Plus, Springfield was nice enough to include that lil starter kit of holster, mag holder, and easy loader. That just made me think to myself that they appreciate my business. I hate buying a gun and only getting a magazine and a box.

    Comment

    • #3
      retired
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2007
      • 9412

      I've had my XDSC9mm for over 6yrs. and carry it daily for ccw use. It is an excellent gun.

      I tried the Glock subcompacts and tho I know they are also excellent guns, they didn't work for me. Limpwristed with all three, didn't like the grip or the lack of a ambi mag release (last may not be of concern to you). I hadn't even heard of XD until the range guy told me to try one from his rental collection.

      You can't go wrong with a XD.

      Comment

      • #4
        bayarea1911
        Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 157

        ive found that my XD9 is super reliable and will eat anything. it may not turn me on like 1911's but it sure gets the job done. for me XD=tool vs 1911=art. I have the 4" service model and have found it to be very accurate as well

        Comment

        • #5
          Z.1
          Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 426

          for me the grip feel of the xd vs the glock made the difference. i thought i wanted a glock, but after shooting the xd, it just fit in my hand so perfectly and was so accurate that i had to go with the xd9 service. i've got around 700 rounds through it so far and couldn't be happier. also, haven't had to deal with it yet personally, but absolutely every story i've heard commends springfield for their top-notch customer service... hopefully won't need it, but nice to know.
          Originally posted by pappabacon
          I never kept those who let me put my roll pin in the wrong hole, I know what kind of lower receivers they are. Probably let anyone come along and stick their roll pin in there.

          Comment

          • #6
            damndave
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2008
            • 10858

            both are excellent guns. i personally just like the glock better

            Comment

            • #7
              Exposed
              CGSSA Leader
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2007
              • 1836

              Do like me and get both. I love both my XD45 and G19
              WELCOME TO CALGUNS!! Search first!!
              New to the forum and got a question for an AR build?
              click on me ----> http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=14385

              Comment

              • #8
                WildWildWest
                Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 136

                Originally posted by bayarea1911
                ive found that my XD9 is super reliable and will eat anything. it may not turn me on like 1911's but it sure gets the job done. for me XD=tool vs 1911=art. I have the 4" service model and have found it to be very accurate as well
                Does your XD have a problem with LSWC? Mine sure does and it jams on every round of LSWC...It cycles pretty well with ball ammo though!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Pryde
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 2506

                  Glock is the better and more reliable gun, some people may find the XD to "feel" better in the hand but that is an issue that can be rectified with training.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BLD
                    Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 447

                    Glocks are great guns, but when I went to buy a G19 I walked out with an XD9. It's a personal choice. While the XD has more moving parts, and less of a history of withstanding use and abuse, I believe they are both well made and will serve you well. The best advice I can give is to shoot them both and buy the one you like the best.
                    "As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BLD
                      Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 447

                      Glock is the better and more reliable gun, some people may find the XD to "feel" better in the hand but that is an issue that can be rectified with training.
                      Or it can be rectified with a little time with a file and some duracoat. A buddy did wonders for his Glock 35 grip angle.
                      "As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Breadfan
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1024

                        I love my XD40

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          aceventura
                          Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 187

                          Go to a range that rents guns and shoot both the xd and the glock. See what you like the best and go with that. I've seen both xd's and glocks shoot at IDPA matches and ive seen little to no problems with them. If you have to have someone tell you what to get, then get a GLOCK!!!!!
                          Check out my You Tube Channel and my blog
                          Thank's

                          My Youtube Channel
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/aceventura3081

                          My Blog
                          http://ggo1.wordpress.com/

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            08duramax
                            Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 441

                            i have a xd45 service and have shot over 10,000 rounds through it. no issues what so ever. very reliable and accurate. i like it so much i just bought a xd45 tactical. it gets out of jail friday. like the other poster said. xd=tool, but 1911=art. i just dont get the satisfaction out of the xd that i get out of the 1911. but great gun. the grip angle is what kept me away from the glock.
                            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              NapaCountyShooter
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2417

                              Both are great guns. The glock gets the edge in simplicity and reliability, the xd is a little more accessory friendly and has a better safety system. That being said, I'll take my Colt Commander over either of them.
                              Jonah

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1