Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

reccomendations on a .22 pistol?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BRANDON7766
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 380

    reccomendations on a .22 pistol?

    Tried a Ruger mk 3 today and thought it was so-so, not really a fan of it's looks. The browning (buckshot? I forgot the model name) that we shot we liked much better. The other .22 the range had was a revolver that we werent interested in. Can anyone reccomend some good .22 pistols not mentioned above?
  • #2
    rockdogz
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 447

    I have a MarkIII and while it isn't the sexiest pistol around, it has been incredibly accurate and reliable for me.

    Comment

    • #3
      9mmepiphany
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2008
      • 8075

      if you're looking at a dedicated .22lr, you can't do much better in a domestic one than the S&W M-41

      if you're a Sig shooter, i've had good luck and heard good things from owner of the .22lr conversion...they have models for the 220, 226 and 229

      if you're pretty serious, but don't want to spend a lot on money...Baikal IZH35M
      Last edited by 9mmepiphany; 11-07-2009, 9:06 PM.
      ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

      Comment

      • #4
        jsmith8918
        Member
        • Jun 2007
        • 148

        Sig Trailside and Mosquito are nice. I love my Ruger 22/45 with 4" bull barrel, but can see how it might not be considered a beauty queen. It's as reliable and accurate as I had hoped. I got it the year it was introduced and that's been somewhere around a decade now. I can also attest to the Marvel conversion for a 1911 frame, but that's $$$ and it's more picky than the Ruger. It is theoretically more accurate than my Ruger 22/45 (came with the test target to prove it), but out of the Ransom Rest and in my own hands I can hardly tell the difference in accuracy between the two. Whatever you look at, let me recommend something with adjustable sights to allow you to dial in for a particular load, or even just for most loads. 22's can be finicky about what shoots best through them and the load it likes best may not hit quite where the fixed sights are indicating.
        Nehemiah 4:13-18 I stationed the families at our vulnerable spots with their weapons. The men worked in shifts to rebuild our walls; one half worked while the other half guarded. Each of the workers had his weapon either at his side or in his hand while he worked.

        Comment

        • #5
          MAD SVT
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 1295

          Originally posted by BRANDON7766
          Tried a Ruger mk 3 today and thought it was so-so, not really a fan of it's looks. The browning (buckshot? I forgot the model name) that we shot we liked much better. The other .22 the range had was a revolver that we werent interested in. Can anyone reccomend some good .22 pistols not mentioned above?
          Its a buckmark.

          if you like the looks of those, i know they're thought of very highly. (i personally dont own one... but i plan to change that eventually)

          you could always trick out the mark III to make it look "better"
          Last edited by MAD SVT; 11-07-2009, 9:39 PM.
          sigpic
          Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing

          Comment

          • #6
            Trendkill
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 3492

            I have a Ruger Mark 1.....it is nothing short of wonderful.
            "I am the bastard son...The expendable one...
            ...War is in my blood ...Rage is in my heart."


            Originally posted by oaklander
            I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
            Originally posted by ChrisO
            .......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.

            Comment

            • #7
              sholling
              I need a LIFE!!
              CGN Contributor
              • Sep 2007
              • 10360

              I love my Browning Buck Mark but I'm also a fan of the Ruger 22/45.
              "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

              Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

              Comment

              • #8
                Trendkill
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 3492

                Originally posted by sholling
                I love my Browning Buck Mark but I'm also a fan of the Ruger 22/45.
                Whats up dude....??

                My friend has a Buckmark...and I shot it. It was very nice....wouldnt mind having one of those either.
                "I am the bastard son...The expendable one...
                ...War is in my blood ...Rage is in my heart."


                Originally posted by oaklander
                I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
                Originally posted by ChrisO
                .......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.

                Comment

                • #9
                  GM4spd
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2008
                  • 5682

                  S&W M41 is super nice but costs more then others/quality and trigger are top notch. Conversion units are
                  great if you like the dedicated pistol that goes with it. I prefer the
                  "old Army gun" in 22LR by Colt but are costly and not in production.The Colt conversions and ACE pistols "hold open" on the last shot where some other conversions don't have that feature.Pete



                  Comment

                  • #10
                    maxicon
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4661

                    Depends on your budget and what you're going to do with it.

                    If accuracy is important, the Ruger Mk II/III, Ruger Single Six, Buckmark, S&W 41, or S&W 617 are all great guns.

                    For accuracy under $400, the Ruger, Buckmark, or Single Six are the best bets (some people like the Beretta Neos, but I've never shot one).

                    If you don't care about accuracy, a Mosquito or P22 are fun shooters, if you get a reliable one.
                    sigpic
                    NRA Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      rgs1975
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1927

                      Sig Trailsides are nice
                      It's too late, it's over.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1