Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Getting an itch for a CZ SP-01

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jt1911
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 243

    Getting an itch for a CZ SP-01

    So like the title says, I've been getting a pretty hard itch for one of these guys. I saw one a few days back at a gun store for about $650 or so, and it looked and felt great.

    I couldn't afford to buy another handgun, so I would have to either keep my current SpringField 1911(I'm not sure on the model but it's not bare bones) or sell it and get a SP-01. I've never owned a 9mm but I do know shooting it would be a whole lot cheaper. What would you do? 1911 or SP-01?
  • #2
    SanSacto
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 2205

    I really really want one too, I've had the itch for a while. The thing is, I want mine in .40S&W and only the 9mm is "approved" by the DOJ. Sweet gun.

    Comment

    • #3
      jmf_tracy
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 1242

      sell the 1911 and get a CZ P-01.
      https://jeffreyprather.com/
      https://x22report.com
      https://www.outofshadows.org/
      RIP https://robertdavidsteele.com/ RIP

      Comment

      • #4
        leelaw
        Junior Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 10445

        Mmmm.. The CZ SP-01 is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. If you only have one 1911, then keep it and hold off for the CZ for a while.

        Comment

        • #5
          Oldnoob
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 2829

          Keep the 1911 and save up for SP01 if you really want it. Few weeks ago, I too got the CZ cold. Almost trade one of my gun for it too. But after I shot one, the cold was gone. Everything was great but the trigger just ok. I still want a CZ75 SA though.
          Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

          Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

          Comment

          • #6
            leelaw
            Junior Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 10445

            Originally posted by Oldnoob
            Almost trade one of my gun for it too. But after I shot one, the cold was gone. Everything was great but the trigger just ok. I still want a CZ75 SA though.
            A simple trigger job - or even better, a hammer replacement with a small trigger job - will make any problems with the trigger just go away.

            Comment

            • #7
              JTROKS
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 13093

              I've been itching for a SP-01 too! One thing is sure I wouldn't sell one of my 1911s for one. Save your money, eat Ramen instead of eating at Sizzlers or TGIF. A couple of months sacrifice and you'll get there.
              The wise man said just find your place
              In the eye of the storm
              Seek the roses along the way
              Just beware of the thorns...
              K. Meine

              Comment

              • #8
                Dingotech
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 682

                I have owned a CZ75 P0-1 and a CZ 75B. I now own a Springfield 1911 Loaded.

                They're like kids. Yeah, some days you favor one over the others, but I wouldn't part with any of them. While they're each very different, they're equally fun to shoot.

                Well, I'd trade the P0-1 for an SP-01, I guess, because I prefer the bigger frame.

                Comment

                • #9
                  zippo
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2005
                  • 1254

                  save money and get CZ SP-01 because is 9mm ammo will save money in long run. and CZ is one of best handgun around.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    McCrown
                    Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 418

                    The SP-01 is at the top of my list, but it'll have to wait a while since I'm in the middle of buying home.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jt1911
                      Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 243

                      Thanks for all the replies.

                      I think you're all right. Guess I better start stepping on tin cans and eat cup o'noodle. I don't think I could part with my SF 1911.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1