Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tula .45 ammo - As good as Wolf?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GB0
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 115

    Tula .45 ammo - As good as Wolf?

    I was able to find some Tula .45 on the web. I recently purchased Wolf and had a great experience with it, unfortunately I can't find Wolf for less than I can Tula ATM.

    Does anyone know if Tula's steel case coating is as good as Wolf's? Anyone have good luck with Tula .45 otherwise? This for use with a 1911.

    Thanks.
  • #2
    PolishMike
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6034

    Tula is the plant that makes Wolf. Same stuff.
    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

    Comment

    • #3
      Adrien
      Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 388

      I just bought some Wolf today to try for the first time--never shot steel case before.

      Adrien
      PbNation - The largest sports forum on the internet.

      I buy my guns at Ten Percent Firearms

      Facebook (\) Twitter

      National Rifle Association - California Deer Association - Ducks Unlimited - Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
      Amateur Trapshooting Association - Taft Sportsman's Club - Kern County Gun Club

      Comment

      • #4
        coq
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 736

        Originally posted by Adrien
        I just bought some Wolf today to try for the first time--never shot steel case before.

        Adrien
        You won't notice much difference. Except, depending where you are, you maybe won't be so inclined to pick it up...it will just rust into the ground!

        Comment

        • #5
          Capt Jack
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 1046

          I recently shot Brown Bear in my 9mm and was impressed. Aside from it being a bit smelly, i shot 50 rounds without a hitch and the group was decent enough for practice or stashing for a rainy day. I did have a bit more scrubbing than normal but nothing major when I cleaned it.

          I can find that stuff for $95 per 500 nowadays

          Oh, and as someone else stated Tula is the same as Wolf so go for it!

          Comment

          • #6
            justin_5585
            Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 458

            Does the steel cased pistol ammo leave the same junk in the chamber that the .223 does? The polymer lubricant that turns to glue and causes FTE's?
            Originally posted by Decoligny
            No question, I would definitely punch you in the nads.

            Comment

            • #7
              Capt Jack
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1046

              Originally posted by justin_5585
              Does the steel cased pistol ammo leave the same junk in the chamber that the .223 does? The polymer lubricant that turns to glue and causes FTE's?
              I only shot 50 rounds of the Brown Bear which has the Lacquer coating, but I didn't have any failures. Then again, it was in a Ruger P94 which would probably shoot rounds made in the kyber pass without breaking a sweat!

              Comment

              • #8
                elSquid
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2007
                • 11844

                I bought a case of Tula from Palmetto. Ran a box through my XD45; no problems, worked fine. 950 more to go.

                -- Michael

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1