Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield-Armory Lightweight Operator VS. Kimber TLE/RLII [PICS!]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rugerman
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 406

    Springfield-Armory Lightweight Operator VS. Kimber TLE/RLII [PICS!]

    ok ive narrowed my HD guns down to these two. after seeing all those 1911's in that 1911 porn thread i cant get my mind off of them. so if you have anyone of them please tell me the pros and cons of yours in detail please. Ok, sice SA and Kimber are both exceptional firearms manufactures im stuck. I like the looks of the uber sexy SA Operator and the TLE/RLII. However, i looked over the DOJ handguns list for the Operator and it wasn't there?!?! Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance, and heres the pics
  • #2
    scorpucla
    Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 141

    New Operator

    Rugerman, the new operator does look nice! Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that most Californians would be able to purchase it, as it's not on the approved list, and I don't think SA would put a magazine disconnect in it...at least not this year.

    Comment

    • #3
      Rugerman
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 406

      DARN! man so much for me saving up for that Operator. Man I gotta move out of PRK That Operator such a nice pistol! I guess i can look at the Loaded models

      Comment

      • #4
        DRM6000
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2006
        • 5953

        what about a s&w 1911pd/rail?

        Comment

        • #5
          donger
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1560

          Nope, not on the list.

          I think you're overlooking some other 1911's at that price-point. You should consider the Les Baer Thunder Ranch which is basically a hand fitted pistol in the same price range.

          Oh, it's also Cali approved.

          You could also consider the SA TRP which is also in the same neighborhood price-wise.
          Certified Ragaholic

          Comment

          • #6
            Rugerman
            Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 406

            Originally posted by DRM6000
            what about a s&w 1911pd/rail?
            Does this model have a picatinny? the only SW1911 i know of with a rail is the PD Tactical Rail Series, or is that the one you're talking about?

            Comment

            • #7
              DRM6000
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2006
              • 5953

              Originally posted by Rugerman
              Does this model have a picatinny? the only SW1911 i know of with a rail is the PD Tactical Rail Series, or is that the one you're talking about?
              yes, if you are looking for rails and a black finish.

              i have this s&w:

              Comment

              • #8
                Kruzr
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 1751

                You should consider the Les Baer Thunder Ranch which is basically a hand fitted pistol in the same price range.
                Not quite in the same price range.
                A new TRS goes for $1685 list. The Kimber TLE/RL II has a MSRP of about $1100. The loaded Operator has a list of about $1330.

                Comment

                • #9
                  scorpucla
                  Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 141

                  Reqt's?

                  Originally posted by Rugerman
                  Does this model have a picatinny? the only SW1911 i know of with a rail is the PD Tactical Rail Series, or is that the one you're talking about?
                  Ruger,

                  I guess the question is what are your requirements? Is this going to be for carry, or strictly home defense? I think you had mentioned HD in your original post. The Kimber and Springer you're looking at our nice because they're lighter that a standard 1911, and they have rails, however, if you're not going to carry, I'm not convinced the weight savings is worth it.

                  Is a rail a requirement? If not, you'll open yourself up to a lot of other 1911 models.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PLINK
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 1773

                    I like Springers a lot but the Kimber TLE has some nice features for the money. I hope to get one with out the rail though.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NextTimeAround
                      Member
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 134

                      I love my TLE/RL II, haven't shot an Operator, but they feel nice.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Aluisious
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 1934

                        I have the TLE sans rail. It's great, I wouldn't trade it. I hope to shoot it till it turns to dust.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cho034442
                          Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 210

                          My TLE II (no rail, internal extractor) is very accurate and have been working fine at 500-round count. But, the trigger has a little creep and Alan Tanaka in Gardena is working on it (he is also going to bring the trigger pull from 5 lb. to 4 lb.).

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Aluisious
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 1934

                            Originally posted by cho034442
                            My TLE II (no rail, internal extractor) is very accurate and have been working fine at 500-round count. But, the trigger has a little creep and Alan Tanaka in Gardena is working on it (he is also going to bring the trigger pull from 5 lb. to 4 lb.).
                            My TLE had a wee bit of creep, but firing more rounds smoothed it out. It was quite crisp in less than one thousand.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CWM4A1
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 1135

                              Light weight operator is not on the list (PX9116L), but their full size MC operator is on the list (PX9105ML). Come with OD green frame and Pachmyer grip. I do have Kimber Gold Combat, sweet gun....
                              NRA certified RSO, Pistol/Rifle/Personal Protection Inside The Home instructor, Certified SIG/Glock pistol armorer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1