Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sig 220r equinox

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dadio
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 50

    sig 220r equinox

    So I picked up a sig 220r equinox in 45 caliber couple days ago. Its in jail . Wanted to know what kind of grips I could possibly get for it. And if there is anything else I can do with it to make it better. I was originally looking for a 1911 but it didn't fit my hand as well as the equinox. The guys at the guns store gave me a good price for it so I bought it LOL. Was wondering on your guys' thoughts on this piece.
  • #2
    cineski
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6205

    Crimson Trace makes the best 220 grips around IMO. Slap those on and you have grip bliss. The laser just adds to it.

    Comment

    • #3
      Dadio
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 50

      Crimson trace is a bit out of my price range haha...I was looking for something without a laser. It seems that the wooden grips that come with the gun are a bit more slippery than I would like. Are there grips that would be grippy like the hogue but still look nice?
      Last edited by Dadio; 10-05-2009, 11:19 AM. Reason: typo

      Comment

      • #4
        cineski
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2007
        • 6205

        I think Hogue is coming out with G10 grips, if they aren't out already. That would be my first choice. They look just like the aluminum grips, but they're G10. Honestly, I have no idea why anyone puts aluminum grips on their guns.

        Comment

        • #5
          M47_Dragon
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 1263

          Too bad you think those grips are too slippery - the grips that come on the Equinox are beautiful!

          +1 for Hogue's G-10 grips.
          Originally posted by bigbob76
          I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dadio
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 50

            Well it felt a little slippery when I was holding it...We'll see how they feel when I shoot the damn thing! . Hopefully it'll be ok. Just trying to get some ideas if I don't like them at the range.

            Comment

            • #7
              Miltiades
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2006
              • 1149

              Hogue Aluminum

              I have Hogue Aluminum grips on my Sig P220ST and like them very much. They are the checkered variety, and they really adhere to my hand well. They are also pretty thin and don't add much thickness to the grip area, and look very good. I have similar grips on a Sig P239.



              Comment

              • #8
                Dadio
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 50

                bump for more info

                Comment

                • #9
                  leelaw
                  Junior Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10445

                  Why not keep the current grips? They're nice wood grips, and special to the Equinox line of pistols.

                  If you do decide to get something else (and I really recommend the Hogue G10 grips) you could always sell the Equinox grips to recoup some of the cost.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    customizedcreationz
                    Member
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 182

                    Lots of guys dont like the wood grips because they are big feeling. And lots of guys buy them up quickly, especially on Sig Forum. So I would post them for sale over there. I am sure they will be gone in a couple days.

                    Aluminum grips are nice, cold here in the winter though. G10 grips are nice also, but nothing is prettier then wood in my opinion.

                    Congrats on a great gun purchase, you ll be happy with it. As far as doing anything else to it to make it better, its all in how much you want to spend and what you want to try and get out of it.

                    If you have any questions feel free to email me.
                    sigpic

                    Custom Licensed FFL Gunsmithing, Polishing, Parts productions, Custom CNC Machining, Custom Refinishing Chrome Plating and more
                    ~~~Cerakote, Black Chrome, Nickel Cobalt Plating,Hot Black Oxide. Factory Certified Sig and Glock Armorer , Significant Sig Dealer 586.232.3422 9am-6pm Eastern~~~

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1