Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK USP .45 vs. HK45...Please Help!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ajl2121
    Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 324

    HK USP .45 vs. HK45...Please Help!!!

    Hello everyone...I was referred to this forum by a fellow member while I was at the high road...I suppose my question will be better answered by fellow Californians....
    Recently, I was 100% certain that I was going to purchase the HK .45 USP in full size when a fellow member informed me that I might want to consider waiting for the HK45...He posted pictures of the pistol and it looks really nice. I read some articles on the new HK45, and it seems that it should be out within the next few months (although the expected high demand may prolong the ownership of one). Anyhow, this is the limited amount of information that I know so far...If anyone knows more about the HK45, please feel free to contribute to this list...
    1. HK45 holds 10 rounds/ USP .45 (full size) holds 12. (I'm in CA, so doesn't matter so long as I reside here).
    2. Articles say that they made the HK45 more ergonomic for shooters with varied hand sizes, and comes with 2 different grips.
    3. Has a threaded barrel for silencer...Does that mean that the HK45 will not be available in CA????
    4. Also, since it is a new production pistol, does that mean that a chambered round cannot be fired with the magazine released????
  • #2
    avidone
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2005
    • 946

    Hi,
    see: http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...highlight=hk45
    Originally posted by ViPER395
    Surrender yourself and your vessel..........Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
    Originally posted by pnkssbtz
    In short, there is no justice. It is a commodity sold to the highest bidder.

    Comment

    • #3
      rorschach
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 4405

      Good to know they submitted it before the end of the year.
      L.A. County
      Mailed to LASD Hall of Justice: 6/27/2022 received:6/28
      Check cashed: 8/22/2022
      Livescan: 4/22/2023 DOJ 4/22 FBI 4/23 Firearms 4/26
      Call for interview: 5/24/2023 Interview: 5/31/2023
      PTT: 8/21/23 Training submitted 8/27/23
      Call for pickup 10/12/23 Pickup: 11/8/23

      Comment

      • #4
        avidone
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2005
        • 946

        Originally posted by rorschach
        Good to know they submitted it before the end of the year.
        I hope that pans out,........big time!
        Originally posted by ViPER395
        Surrender yourself and your vessel..........Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
        Originally posted by pnkssbtz
        In short, there is no justice. It is a commodity sold to the highest bidder.

        Comment

        • #5
          mike100
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2006
          • 2507

          wow..if they did get it submitted in the 11th hour before 2007, then I'm gonna have to consider selling my elite or something... A slim natural ambidextrous 10 round 45 is really the natural progression from 1911's.

          Comment

          • #6
            kantstudien
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1795

            Who said they submitted it already?

            Comment

            • #7
              avidone
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2005
              • 946

              Originally posted by kantstudien
              Who said they submitted it already?
              Since the HK45 passed ATF do you think it has also passed California's testing prior to 2007? Since all new guns have to have a magazine disconnect starting 2007. Could someone ask HK and settle this once and for all? I just want to be able to buy one!


              If you follow the link above and read post 10, you will see what we are referring to.
              Originally posted by ViPER395
              Surrender yourself and your vessel..........Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
              Originally posted by pnkssbtz
              In short, there is no justice. It is a commodity sold to the highest bidder.

              Comment

              • #8
                mike100
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • 2507

                Inside word was that hk was in a rush to get the models to CA by December. this is the first word I heard that they might have actually done it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Greg-Dawg
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 7793

                  If the HK45 has a threaded barrel, then most likely it will not be legal here. The HK USP Tactical, which also has a threaded barrel, is illegal here.

                  Check this out: CA legal hand gun purchases.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ajl2121
                    Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 324

                    Thanks for the info guys...Lots of good stuff in that link above...I suppose the magazine disconnect (hopefully) will not be an issue with the new HK45 if that's correct. I really like the Hk USP fullsize...Shot the glock, XD, kimber, Sig...I have smaller hands (can only palm a full size basketball when the ball is brand new and the grip is sticky), but the HK full size fired very nicely...especially when in single action due the the shorter trigger pull. Can anyone answer me this...The grouping of the bullets of the HK USP .45 F were consistant; however, all my shots were a bit lower and to the right??? Am I just a newbie and not a good shooter? I'm right handed and used a rental gun at local range...

                    Will the HK45 eventually replace the USP .45, or make the USP seem dated?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mike100
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 2507

                      The hk45 will NOT have a mag disconnect. the idea was that they got one submitted before 2007 with only the loaded chamber indicator... that one alone is kind of iffy since the text warning has to be kind of large, but anyhow...

                      if they were talking about submitting for this state, my guess is that it would be a compliant version with a regular bbl. I'm still skeptical since the ATF delayed the importation as long as it did.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jif
                        Junior Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 20

                        I hope the compact made it in, and that it has the P2000-style grip as shown. If so, I'll definately be getting one of those!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ajl2121
                          Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 324

                          A member on the high road said that due to the threaded barrel, the HK45 will not be allowed into CA...That makes sense since the HK USP tactical cannot be sold here, due to the threaded barrel...HOWEVER, wouldn't HK be "smart" enough to produce the HK45 w/o a threaded barrel for places like CA???

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NextTimeAround
                            Member
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 134

                            I've heard that they'll be making a version without the threaded barrel. Can't remember where I saw it.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Jon
                              Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 328

                              Until I hear/see an official announcement from HK, I'll keep my expectations in check. Having said that, I'll reiterate what I've said before: If they're available in CA, I will buy it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1