Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How does one get a caspian or STI??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bombadillo
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 14810

    How does one get a caspian or STI??

    I would like to buy a complete caspian or STI in theory. Just wondering if you're doing a NRF on a frame and completing the rest at home just buying the parts, or what you're doing. Other than an ex LEO PPT, just wondering the options of getting one of these in california. Some of the guns on JPrifles.com are pretty amazing and one day with a few more bucks I'd like to own one. There are about 9 1911's on my list of "one day" guns, but there are just so many out there.
  • #2
    BunnySlayer
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 992

    I compete with a friend who stated the only way he was able to get his STI was to get it as part of a package deal through a gunsmith. It was a build up on STI parts. Second hand info but it might help.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      smokingloon
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 1012

      search of springfield SASS or pachmayr dominator

      Comment

      • #4
        cineski
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2007
        • 6205

        I have to admit, I don't follow 1911's that much to know about this stuff, but are Caspians and STI's really that nice of 1911 frames? Just curious what makes them so nice?

        Comment

        • #5
          PolishMike
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 6034

          a cop

          /thread
          Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

          Comment

          • #6
            Argonaut
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1352

            Caspians are wonderful.....I built several of them before the drop test law. I haven't figured out how to get one now either. Wish that I had bought a dozen........I guess that you will have to look for a gun in state to do a private party transfer

            Comment

            • #7
              missiondude
              Senior Member
              • May 2008
              • 1646

              Originally posted by smokingloon
              search of springfield SASS or pachmayr dominator
              This poster is telling you how. You have the frame assembled as a single shot pistol using one of the uppers in his post. BTW there are other uppers as well. Once it is DROSed you sell the single shot upper to someone else to use, and put the correct upper on your now legal lower.

              Someone should start a rental business...
              sigpicThe right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The original common sense gun law...

              Comment

              • #8
                old and wary
                Junior Member
                • May 2009
                • 30

                sti

                you can buy one from Bar STO I think only one model cal legal

                Comment

                • #9
                  IMC87
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1273

                  +1 on the barsto, and after the DROS period is over and you pick up, they can modify it to which ever way you want
                  sigpic
                  NRA MEMBER

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1