Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

installing trijicons on a glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hova
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1001

    installing trijicons on a glock

    I recently recieved my trijicon sights to be installed on my 17. I do not own a sight pusher and am not looking to buy one.
    I am located in San Francisco am am looking for either an armorer with the tools and skills to help, or a recomendation for a shop or store to help with the install. All input is appreciated. Thanks!
  • #2
    Grumpyoldretiredcop
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 6437

    PMed you.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

    Comment

    • #3
      TransAm-98
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 15

      I put mine on with a hammer a screwdriver and a little patience. It didn't damage the sights at all and they are lined up perfect.

      Comment

      • #4
        wamphyri13
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2008
        • 2759

        Pablo at Jackson Arms in SSF can do it. He did mine. His business is Two Gun Press located at Jackson Arms.
        Ryan
        The following statement is true.
        The preceding statement was false.

        Comment

        • #5
          Hova
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1001

          thank you everyone for your replies. I think I'm gonna head down to Jackson for some help

          Comment

          • #6
            rips31
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 983

            if not, i have a pusher you can use. pm me if you want.

            Comment

            • #7
              FieldsofFire
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1879

              I think most shops charge ~$20 to do it, no? Not to expensive to me if you want it done by an armorer/shop, if you want to go that route.

              Comment

              • #8
                sirgiles
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 2311

                lc action on 1st st. will do it for free sometimes.
                "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                Bruce Lee

                Comment

                • #9
                  jazman
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 2140

                  I paid $30 to have mine put on, was a bit more than I thought it was worth but the smith had the tool and I didn't; end of story.
                  Originally posted by Kestryll
                  You're boned.
                  _________________________________

                  If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    g17owner
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 881

                    I used a nylon drift and a soft blow mallet. Although i have done MANY this way the correct way is to use a sight pusher. If your a beginner then thats the way i'd go.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Ventura_Yak'r
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 571

                      Same question as OP... However for SoCal, in particular the Ventura/Simi Valley areas. Recommendations for an armorer to install night sights for a Glock 21SF... night sight recommendations too!

                      Thanks

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        B Strong
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 6367

                        Originally posted by wamphyri13
                        Pablo at Jackson Arms in SSF can do it. He did mine. His business is Two Gun Press located at Jackson Arms.
                        Ryan
                        I do my own, but +1 for the guys at Jackson Arms, they'll treat you right.
                        The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
                        ___________________________________________
                        "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
                        - Jeff Cooper

                        Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1