Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Double Shoulder Holsters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Futurecollector
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2008
    • 11562

    Double Shoulder Holsters

    Ok so I am looking for more info on a decent double shoulder holster, I was wondering if any of you CGers have any experience with carrying 2 Larger framed (G21) pistols in said holster. I want a holster set up that isn't going to cost me 100 bucks, something that just gets the job done.

    thanks in advance.

    FC
    None of my posts are serious or real, nothing I post is legal advice.

    Originally posted by SanDiego619
    I am a complete idiot
  • #2
    AJAX22
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2006
    • 14980

    Don't get cheap on holsters, you get what you pay for.

    If it is uncomfortable you won't wear it.
    Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

    Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

    Comment

    • #3
      Futurecollector
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2008
      • 11562

      Originally posted by AJAX22
      Don't get cheap on holsters, you get what you pay for.

      If it is uncomfortable you won't wear it.
      I don't intend on going "cheap" I just want affordable,

      I just can't/ won't bring myself to pay 100 bucks for a holster

      Ive seen a bunch of them in the 40-60 range but they all look the same no matter the maker...
      None of my posts are serious or real, nothing I post is legal advice.

      Originally posted by SanDiego619
      I am a complete idiot

      Comment

      • #4
        1923mack
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 588

        If you want a good shoulder holster you will start at $100 at keep climbing north. Most below $100 are not leather and not fitted to the handgun. The quality leather rigs are not standard with two holsters (one holster and one mag holder typical). The Galco Miami Vice lists around $140 or so and can be had for $100. Second holster will set one back another $60 or so. Aker has a nice unit that lists around $135 and available for $104. Stock with one holster. If you are satisified with Uncle Mike or other vinyl rigs so be it.

        Comment

        • #5
          1911su16b870
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 7654

          Just remember Coopers 2nd law, do not muzzle anything you are not willing to destroy. Many folks think that shoulder holsters violate that law and are accidents waiting to happen.
          "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

          NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
          GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
          Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
          I instruct it if you shoot it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Darklyte27
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2008
            • 9372

            i duno if they make shoulder ones, but comptac has some nice holsters..
            2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

            Chickens

            Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

            Comment

            • #7
              Z ME FLY
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2008
              • 6590

              I don't have any experience but I was just looking online to see what would come up. I saw a lot of the cheap ones, this one is from fobus and uses the fobus holsters. IDK if it is better.

              Fobus Holsters
              Ambidextrous Double Sided Shoulder Holsters Harness Rig
              Find holsters, belts, accessories, and police supplies at CopsPlus. Your source for quality duty gear at competitive prices since 2002!
              Originally posted by 69Mach1
              The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

              Originally posted by 69Mach1
              Z gets around. lol

              Comment

              • #8
                asgalindez
                Senior Member
                • May 2007
                • 1108

                I ended up buying a Galco Vertical Shoulder Rig (muzzle pointed down) plus an extra holster for "tacticool doublefisting" occasions. Cost more than $100, though.

                If you end up going the Fobus route, let me know. I got one of those Roto Holster Shoulder rigs that I'm never gonna use. That way you just need to buy the holsters.
                The question is not "How far?". The question is "Do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?". - Il Duce/Prisoner#6570534 from Boondock Saints
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Z ME FLY
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6590

                  Originally posted by asgalindez
                  I ended up buying a Galco Vertical Shoulder Rig (muzzle pointed down) plus an extra holster for "tacticool doublefisting" occasions. Cost more than $100, though.

                  If you end up going the Fobus route, let me know. I got one of those Roto Holster Shoulder rigs that I'm never gonna use. That way you just need to buy the holsters.
                  That sounds like a cheap option esp if future has a fobus holster
                  Originally posted by 69Mach1
                  The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                  Originally posted by 69Mach1
                  Z gets around. lol

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Untamed1972
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 17579

                    did you try cheesyeightiescopmovies.com? LOL
                    Last edited by Untamed1972; 08-10-2009, 1:00 PM.
                    "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

                    Quote for the day:
                    "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Timberland
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 908

                      Anyone know the maker of the rig that held 2 guns a bunch of mags and even an optional SBS or AOW shotgun?
                      FOR SALE: XD45, 24/47 Yugo Mauser, AK RPD AES-10b

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Lancear15
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 2629

                        dual g21s in shoulder holsters come on...
                        Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
                        NRA Life Member
                        USPSA Member
                        IDPA Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Gisray
                          Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 183

                          I got a buddy that he carries 2 G21's in a FIST rig (I think thats the brand). It is kydex with leather on the exterior. He was training with it so much that he sent it back 3 times cause of the snaps. They finally fixed it right and it works good (leather was wrapped after he sent it back) this made it solid. It is a horizontal type vs. a vertical. Some people really get bent on the vertical cause the gun is not pointing towards the ground. I say whatever over that cause your not holding the pistol, but it may or may not bother you. I know that this rig cost around $350.

                          My buddy is a cop and he carries that everywhere and it is concealable. He is 5'8" 150 and has no trouble with concealing. Plus his philosophy is the New York reload and he has his own land to train.

                          I looked at mernickle for the leather version and I think it ran around $250 for the vertical. I had the single G21, but after neck surgery it is just not doable, but it was a comfortable holster. You will find that if you are going to wear it any length of time you want quality. If you are only going to wear it for a couple of hours then get what you want.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gunrun45
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2018

                            ...well, I can't make to much fun of you... I did carry two Ruger P90's in a double shoulder holster rig for a while... That being said, I was stupid and I was stupid for doing it.
                            I carried in an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster rig while riding my motorcycle. It was really the only easy way to carry and I figured if I ever took a spill I would bang up the gun on which ever side I went down on.

                            The holsters perfromed actually pretty well for me and the adjustable nature allowed me to fit other guns as needed.

                            Funny thing, I did go down. Cracked two ribs on my left side because of that stupid shoulder holster. Never again!
                            Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              B Strong
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 6367

                              Originally posted by Futurecollector
                              Ok so I am looking for more info on a decent double shoulder holster, I was wondering if any of you CGers have any experience with carrying 2 Larger framed (G21) pistols in said holster. I want a holster set up that isn't going to cost me 100 bucks, something that just gets the job done.

                              thanks in advance.

                              FC
                              John Woo fan?

                              Carry one primary handgun, maybe one small back up, and lots of spare mags.
                              The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
                              ___________________________________________
                              "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
                              - Jeff Cooper

                              Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1