Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

45 ACP rounds $$$

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hellraiser
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 2347

    i think that was a goo deal...i cant remember the last time i saw wwb 45 in the bay area... ive been using a ton of load x in difrent calibers....
    I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett

    Comment

    • #17
      Untamed1972
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2009
      • 17579



      ETA: I've got several $10 off coupon codes for purchase over $99. If you want to order some up PM me and I can send you a discount code. They've got a ton of .223 available right now too......1000rd for $350 club price.
      Last edited by Untamed1972; 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM.
      "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

      Quote for the day:
      "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

      Comment

      • #18
        hawk1547
        Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 421

        Good practice ammo,very reliable and accurate,so much better than Remington and for that reasonable price,grab it.

        Comment

        • #19
          MiguelS
          Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 486

          Originally posted by Untamed1972


          ETA: I've got several $10 off coupon codes for purchase over $99. If you want to order some up PM me and I can send you a discount code. They've got a ton of .223 available right now too......1000rd for $350 club price.
          I cant shoot non-brass at my range.
          Sig P220-BSS .45ACP, Sig P226-BSS .40cal(refinished), Sig P6 9mm (refinished)

          Comment

          • #20
            TZL
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 3197

            wow, i bought a bunch of blazer aluminum case 45 230gr fmj for $13.99 on sale ....about 5 months ago

            too bad i'm running out of those.....two boxes left...

            Comment

            • #21
              stormy_clothing
              Banned
              • Dec 2008
              • 2809

              it suprises me that the op didnt check the ammo classifieds to gauge it's going rate here in CA.

              other than that it's worth what your willing to pay. people say horde it and I say why ? any situation where your going to need boatloads of ammo your not going to be able to travel with that much.

              if your doing it because you like to shoot for fun then yeah but out of panic about someday, no.

              personally I would buy the crapiest target ammo I could and learn to shoot good with that. and keep a small self defense load amount for home ect.

              american eagle .45 is rated in many guns as the most or almost top accurate and you can get it for 13 bux for 50 in bulk

              Comment

              • #22
                Legasat
                Intergalactic Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 4151

                Originally posted by stormy_clothing
                american eagle .45 is rated in many guns as the most or almost top accurate and you can get it for 13 bux for 50 in bulk
                If you can share where you get that price, I would appreciate it. PM me.

                Thanks.

                Gary
                ..

                .........STGC(SW)


                SAF Life Member

                sigpic
                NRA Benefactor

                Comment

                • #23
                  Crazed_SS
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 4114

                  Originally posted by Untamed1972


                  ETA: I've got several $10 off coupon codes for purchase over $99. If you want to order some up PM me and I can send you a discount code. They've got a ton of .223 available right now too......1000rd for $350 club price.
                  Just got back from the blastin some Wolf .45 at the range in my 1911 and P220.. stuff worked great!

                  The only downside is each shot is like firing a civil-war era musket.. smoke everywhere! lol

                  other than that, it was 100% reliable and accurate too.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    MILLITIAof1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 3601

                    Originally posted by stormy_clothing
                    it suprises me that the op didnt check the ammo classifieds to gauge it's going rate here in CA.

                    other than that it's worth what your willing to pay. people say horde it and I say why ? any situation where your going to need boatloads of ammo your not going to be able to travel with that much.

                    if your doing it because you like to shoot for fun then yeah but out of panic about someday, no.

                    personally I would buy the crapiest target ammo I could and learn to shoot good with that. and keep a small self defense load amount for home ect.

                    american eagle .45 is rated in many guns as the most or almost top accurate and you can get it for 13 bux for 50 in bulk
                    I agree, use our ammo board to gauge what a ripoff is and go from there.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      OofieXD
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 553

                      Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                      Just got back from the blastin some Wolf .45 at the range in my 1911 and P220.. stuff worked great!

                      The only downside is each shot is like firing a civil-war era musket.. smoke everywhere! lol

                      other than that, it was 100% reliable and accurate too.
                      What range did you go to?

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ScottB
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1431

                        I boughta box of Remington UMC at Wally World for $18.95 + tax that's about my limit for range ammo.

                        Turners had reloads awhile back for about $100 for 250 rounds and I think $120 for 250 of new.

                        We need to let some of these guys have the stuff sit on their shelves for awhile. I won't pay what passes for retail right now. Its summer - the fishing is good, the bikinis are out and I have plenty of ammo for any SHTF scenario, so screw the hoarders and the gougers.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Legasat
                          Intergalactic Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 4151

                          Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                          Just got back from the blastin some Wolf .45 at the range in my 1911 and P220.. stuff worked great!

                          The only downside is each shot is like firing a civil-war era musket.. smoke everywhere! lol

                          other than that, it was 100% reliable and accurate too.
                          My indoor range won't let me use Wolf or Brown Bear, etc.

                          You went to an outdoor range?
                          ..

                          .........STGC(SW)


                          SAF Life Member

                          sigpic
                          NRA Benefactor

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            tike71
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 77

                            If anyone know any Walmart in OC or LA that has .45acp in stock please pm me. TIA

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ScottB
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1431

                              Originally posted by tike71
                              If anyone know any Walmart in OC or LA that has .45acp in stock please pm me. TIA
                              I have my suspicions that most of it never sees the shelf. There is one manager at my local Wally World that is a straight shooter (figuratively speaking). I have gotten to know him a bit and I was in there asking about ammo one day, as I often do. He pulls out his scanner and shows me whats due the next day and over the next several days. I mean exactly - brand, how many cases/boxes where in the system and when it should arrive. Tells me when it should hit the shelves. Then says he's off on vacation for the next 10 days, but If I show up at x-hours on y days, I should be able to get some .45 acp.

                              Would you believe it, I showed up at every appointed hour only to be told by the counter help that the truck was cancelled, gee, it wasn't on there this time, we don't know when we'll get any - yada, yada yada. All BS.

                              Couple this with the comment that the old guy who sold me the 1 box of UMC the other day said, "gee, this has been in the drawer for several days and none of the guys seems to want it" (probably waiting for the valuepacks). And that the manager of a certain Inland Empire gunshop was bragging to a friend (and regular customer) that his guys regularly scoured all the surrounding WalMarts and bought everything for resale in their store - as much to drive sales to them as to mark up for a profit.

                              The horders and gougers that are participating in this crap are absolute scum as far as I am concerned.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Crazed_SS
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2005
                                • 4114

                                Originally posted by Legasat
                                My indoor range won't let me use Wolf or Brown Bear, etc.

                                You went to an outdoor range?
                                Originally posted by OofieXD
                                What range did you go to?

                                Project 2000 in El Cajon. http://www.p2krange.com/

                                American Shooting Center and Discount Gun Mart are a lot closer to me, but P2K allows me to blast Wolf to my heart's content

                                There's a Round Table Pizza nearby (best pizza evar) and I usually hit up the lunch Buffet there.. make a day of it

                                I really dont understand why the other ranges dont allow/sell Wolf for use on their ranges.. they're losing business IMO.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1