Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The Sig M1811

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • victor1echo
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1155

    The Sig M1811

    SO I moved out of state and decided to make my first gun purchase. i salivated over many gun unavailable in California, and was thinking of my decision when I visited Calguns. Seems like you guys were all excited about the Sig m17/18, which I didn't even know about. So I looked into it, and thought, I'm going to get one of those. Went down to Cabelas and bought one for $649 plus 5% vet discount, and 5% floor model. IIRC it was about $649 out the door.

    Its a pretty cool gun. I have fired about 300 rounds with no malfunctions. I have not really practiced being accurate, just shooting paper plates. The grip is good enough, but I don't love it. I'm not sure I like the high bore axis, so I purchased a module from a local, Reno, company called Brouwer Solutions, who make a 1911 replica style grip for the Sig.

    I feel like it lowers the bore axis, and feels like a 1911 grip. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of 1911, but they are the one gun which made me a better shooter just from the grip. Anyway, this sig M18 is pretty cool for what it is, but my only regret is that I would have bought a decommissioned military commemorative version becasue you can use the military red dot scope on that, but not the commercial M18, which are patterned for Delta point.

    If you like the 1911, you'll love this grip.

    Im having trouble posting a pic of mine, but here's one like mine

  • #2
    sigfan91
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2009
    • 12370

    Oh, interesting grip! Thanks for sharing.

    Comment

    • #3
      victor1echo
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 1155

      Here's a pic of mine with an Badr-S O-light. I like the light the light! Its bright enough for me. No strobe setting. I think its solid and the laser is a great training tool. I use a bore laser to sight in the O=light laser at about 15 feet. I practice aiming the gun, then check my aim with the laser. It won't hold zero after a few rounds.
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #4
        foothillman
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2017
        • 1183

        Nice........
        Waiting to rent one first.
        If I buy one than most likely will follow your path with that grip module design.

        Just add [img] and [/img]
        ITrader FeedBack https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k-100-positive

        Comment

        • #5
          SenorBandito
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2022
          • 55

          It looks nice but I'd like to see how people say it compares to the wilson combat. Seems like loading this grip with options ends up making it much more expensive than the WC

          Comment

          • #6
            DProm
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 347

            Yes I know it’s not an M18, but contributing to the Brouwer M1811 module. I loved the WC module when I got this, but switched over to the Brouwer M1811 and was trying to get use to it. Only thing that made me enjoy the feel of the Brouwer more was by stippling it, just because it lacked a some grippy feeling.

            Last edited by DProm; 10-13-2023, 7:19 PM.
            FS: Modlite PL350OKW pistol light, 365 IWB Holster
            https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...trigger-x300ua

            Comment

            • #7
              SenorBandito
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2022
              • 55

              Originally posted by DProm
              Yes I know it?s not an M18, but contributing to the Brouwer M1811 module. I loved the WC module when I got this, but switched over to the Brouwer M1811 and was trying to get use to it. Only thing that made me enjoy the feel of the Brouwer more was by stippling it, just because it lacked a some grippy feeling.

              I know they offer a texturing as an option, but it's a lot of money just for that I think. The stippling looks nice. How do you like it compare to the WC?

              Comment

              • #8
                DProm
                Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 347

                Originally posted by SenorBandito
                I know they offer a texturing as an option, but it's a lot of money just for that I think. The stippling looks nice. How do you like it compare to the WC?
                The way it is now actually is not bad at all. After I had stippled it I loved it more over the WC just because the amount of grip I got into my palms (of course just not aggressive enough to tear your skin up). In the beginning I was loving the way how the WC felt especially with just the factory grip texture it had already, but it felt a bit to slim for my small hands. The brouwer felt great and a bit wider to my palms, but it lacked the grip just because with my small hand and a 3.9" barrel I have a hard time to get a strong grip to control the recoil.

                I have never owned a 1911, staccato or similar platform to the same grip feel like the brouwer 1811 to get a good liking for it until now with this module.

                I'm going to find time when I can to stippled that WC as well.
                FS: Modlite PL350OKW pistol light, 365 IWB Holster
                https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...trigger-x300ua

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1