Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ 75 B vs. CZ 75 P-01

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cz74
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 912

    CZ 75 B vs. CZ 75 P-01

    I already have the P-01, thinking to add the full size CZ 75 B to my collection. There's no decocker on the 75B, so I think most people rarely shoot it in double action? Anyone carried it cocked and locked?
  • #2
    Preston-CLB
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2018
    • 4308

    I have a PO-1. It's my primary EDC. I have fired a 75 BD. I shot it well and the fit and finish was typical CZ quality.

    If you plan to carry, I'd go with the BD and use the de-cocker. You'll have a consistency of manual of arms (the de-cocker) between the two firearms. The DA trigger pull is a tad heavy, like the PO-1, but with practice you can overcome that.

    I have managed to work well with my PO-1 drawing and firing with the de-cocker having been engaged.
    -P
    ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

    Comment

    • #3
      Ruber
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 544

      Both are great guns. The safety models can easily be decocked safely with practice/training. But why do that when you have a very positive safety? Nothing wrong with carrying the B series CZ's condition 1. But I also don't know why you would carry a full size brick of a CZ when you have the P01.

      The grip on the SP01 is more comfortable due to the rounding of the tang, but it is quite a bit heavier than the 75B. There are pros and cons to the extra weight. Quicker followups, but heavier. Much heavier. Also... If you want a rail, the SP01 is the choice. Other than those things, pretty identical.
      SP01-


      75B-


      75B SA- another option, grip similar to SP01, but lighter like the standard 75B
      Last edited by Ruber; 10-07-2023, 7:41 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        eaglemike
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2008
        • 3958

        The 75BD would have the same "manual of arms" as the P01. It's $630 at Sportsman's. Right now the 75B is on sale at Sportsman's for $550, which is a screaming deal.
        There are some people that it's just not worth engaging.

        It's a muzzle BRAKE, not a muzzle break. Or is your muzzle tired?

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1