Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bersa .380

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    couture
    Junior Member
    • May 2022
    • 5

    Originally posted by P5Ret
    Another $100 or so and you can step up to a Ruger Max9 with a more capable round and more of them.

    Bersas seem to be pretty solid guns, but .380 is pretty much the bare minimum to consider for defense. Plus ammo is a bit more expensive than 9 is.
    i have ruger lcp2....any reference on max9? any idea will be appreciated.

    Comment

    • #17
      couture
      Junior Member
      • May 2022
      • 5

      thanks for the informaation.

      Comment

      • #18
        eaglemike
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2008
        • 3958

        Hard to beat the price of the Max 9. The shield is pretty much the same size as the Max 9, and has a ton of parts and support. Pricing for the shield has gone up a lot in the last couple of years. Used to be about $400 retail, sometimes even $380 or so. (pre-covid IIRC)
        I have a couple of friends with the Bersa, and they've been completely reliable that I've seen. The magazine comment above is accurate, sometimes harder to find than may others, but it would only be a one tie purchase, right?
        I mention the shield as I find it quite accurate and easy to shoot well. This was unexpected as I have large hands. It just works much better than I ever expected.
        Good luck!!
        There are some people that it's just not worth engaging.

        It's a muzzle BRAKE, not a muzzle break. Or is your muzzle tired?

        Comment

        • #19
          BigPimping
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2010
          • 21485

          I get the Ruger Max 9. They?re a little hard to find at least in my opinion. I?m still looking for one. When I get it, I?m gonna try to get it on my permit.
          sigpic

          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

          Don't let your history be a mystery

          Comment

          • #20
            Big Chudungus
            Banned
            • Jun 2021
            • 3456

            Bersa is poor man's PPK and IMO highly aesthetic old skool all steal excellent stock trigger. Comes with interestingly key lock feature. IIRC there are only two keys, so it would only work if someone isn't expecting to want to unlock a Bersa.

            Has 3 mag configs to suit your style and shrink or grow for CCW.

            1)standard mag with pinky hook filed down to nothing.
            2)with pinky hook
            3)extended mag for fuller grip

            IMO its all about how it fits YOUR hand. Bersa fits me pretty good, didn't like the small newer Ruger 380 or 9mm.

            If it fits your hand its a Can't Afford Not To Buy and Can't Go Wrong gun, maybe even a "at that price get two".

            Comment

            • #21
              Xplosiv3
              Member
              • Nov 2021
              • 293

              You'd be wasting precious conceal-ability space/comfort and missing out on important features such as night sights and an easier to use safety by using a Bersa .380 instead of a Sig P238 for CCW.

              But if you must have a Walther PPK-like pistol and are on a budget, then go for it. (They make 7rd pinky extension magazines for the P238 so you'd have the same mag capacity as the Bersa also.)

              Last edited by Xplosiv3; 09-20-2023, 6:45 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                I bought a nice lightly used PPT Bersa with 3 mags for $200. If you find one that cheap, buy it. If you really like the design and can't find a real cheap one, I'd hold out for a Sig P230 or 232
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #23
                  Randall_G
                  Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 111

                  I have two Firestorms: both have been 100% reliable. (Though, Flouncer/Post #5 has me wondering if I shouldn't be cycling the magazines I've kept loaded.) I think it's a good lookin' gun, too.

                  One of the Firestorms is on my permit, but I have never carried it. Like others, I prefer to carry my P238. If not the P238, I carry a CSX, which is still smaller, and just a hair lighter, than the Firestorm, 9 mm, higher capacity.

                  But for someone set on DA/SA, seems like a good choice. Don't think there are many options for compact/light DA/SA. Especially if limited to the CA roster.
                  Last edited by Randall_G; 09-20-2023, 8:48 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Reno-Kid
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2021
                    • 2820

                    Originally posted by couture
                    I'm thinking about a Bersa for CC as an inexpensive alternative to the PPK.

                    Does anyone have any experience with Bersa?

                    Any other recommendations for anything similar for CC?
                    Cz 83 similar size, heavier but 13 rounds to 7 for Bersa
                    Max 9 is an excellent choice.
                    Last edited by Reno-Kid; 09-21-2023, 12:45 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      TrailerparkTrash
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4249

                      Originally posted by Bullwinkle

                      As for the pistol itself, it's a very solid, reliable workhorse (from what I hear). Apparently it can be finicky about ammo sometimes, so you're going to have to find what works best with your pistol (which you should anyway).
                      I had a Bersa .380 I inherited. What a POS it was. Then my game warden hunting buddy also owned one and he would agree with my feelings about the same gun. JUNK.
                      sigpic

                      It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                      -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Zenderfall
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2017
                        • 600

                        For people who are recommending the P238, do you realize that the operation of that gun is different enough from that of a Bersa Thunder/Firestorm?

                        I love the P238, it's a fantastic gun, one of my favorite, if not my very favorite .380 pistols. But that's also because I train, compete, and enjoy shooting 1911's, and these two gun types are both single-action semi-auto's. I'm not saying the P238 is a miniature 1911, but it's a miniature 1911. Gotta remember to flip safety off to shoot, and (most importantly) remember to flip safety ON before holstering. Or I guess, what some people do, is Israeli carry, which is no round in the chamber, and applies to any semi-auto pistol. Not going down the never-ending Israeli-carry vs. round in chamber argument, that's been beaten to death.

                        The Firestorm is a double action semi-auto, which means it can be carried with hammer down, and first shot will be rather heavy (8 lbs or so). This is a much simpler, less training needed type of operation, which, you only have to do something before holstering, but don't have to remember to do anything extra when drawing and shooting. FWIW, I like the firestorm a lot, to me it's a great value gun that works well and is fun to shoot. Reminds me of 007 even though its not a real PPK.

                        But I never compare these two guns simply because there's a lot more different about them than there is the same.

                        Familiarity with those operation modes, especially the single action semi's, is not trivial. It's not a "oh yeah, I'll remember to do that" kind of thing. It has to be trained in beyond habit, so that when in the heat of the moment, you don't have to remember, you'll instinctively do it.
                        Last edited by Zenderfall; 09-21-2023, 9:31 AM.
                        NRA Pistol/Rifle Instructor
                        CADOJ Certified Instructor
                        NRA Pistol/Rimfire Rifle Distinguished Expert
                        NRA RSO, IDPA Safety Officer
                        NRA & CRPA Member
                        Veteran, 1994-1998

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          robert101
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 1997

                          The .380 Bersa is a good inexpensive gun. I bought one for each of my daughters for their first handgun years ago. They have put a good 500 rounds through each with no trouble. I did have to clean out the firing pin channel on my oldest daughter's gun just last year (after 15 years of ownership). Good pistol in my opinion and a joy to shoot.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            akjunkie
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jan 2005
                            • 3497

                            Bersa MecGar mags $24

                            Greg Cote LLC : BERSA THUNDER MEC-GAR MAGAZINES - BERETTA ACT-MAG MEC-GAR & KCI RUGER MINI 14, Mini 30 & 10/22 PARA ORDNANCE ACT-MAG & MEC-GAR BUL ARMORY / KIMBER TEN II LUGER MEC-GAR MAGAZINES SPRINGFIELD & MEC-GAR HELLCAT WALTHER MEC-GAR & Walther CCP WITNESS, TANFOGLIO, IWI JERICHO TAURUS MAGAZINES HOGUE SIG SAUER HOGUE GRIP SCREWS MAGLULA LOADERS GLOCK FACTORY, KCI & Mec-Gar MEC-GAR-CZ PLUS 1,2,3&4 ADAPTERS SMITH & WESSON MAGAZINES BERSA THUNDER MEC-GAR MAGAZINES X-GRIP ADAPTER BY FDI BROWNING & SPRINGFIELD SA-35 RUGER MEC-GAR & FACTORY MAGAZINE SIG SAUER MAGAZINES Llama IX-C & Llama IX-D MEC-GAR ARMSCOR-ROCK ISLAND & ACT-MAG 1911 WILSON COMBAT MAGAZINES Metroarms MAC SSD 3011 MAGAZINES 1911 MEC-GAR MAGAZINES CZ FACTORY, MEC-GAR & ACT-MAG AR-15, M1, MP5, AK-47, Kuna 1911 METALFORM MAGAZINES COLT MK IV GOVERNMENT & MUSTANG HOGUE 1911 GRIPS HOGUE AR15 / M16 GRIPS HOGUE BERETTA 92 & 96 GRIPS HOGUE BROWNING HP HOGUE & CZ FACTORY CZ GRIPS Sarsilmaz K2P, B6P, B6PL HOGUE RUGER MARK IV & IV 22/45 CANIK MAGAZINES HOGUE KNIFES M1A / M14 MAGAZINES DESERT EAGLE MAGAZINES 2011, 2311, 1911 DS, PRODIGY DAN WESSON MAGAZINES HOLOSUN OPTICS 1911 Check-Mate Magazines ammunition, ammo, bullets, rounds, shells

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              PoorRichRichard
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 3309

                              Accurate little gun (for me). I’ve only got a few handguns, including a G19 and Shield in both 9 and 40. For some reason (medium sized hands?), I shoot the Bersa far more accurately than the other two guns.

                              It might be worth noting that I own the “Thunder” model (no finger grooved grips) as opposed to the “Firestorm” model.
                              1A - 2A = -1A
                              Originally posted by Wherryj
                              If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
                              ...I'd have $0.10.
                              Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
                              --- Dan Bongino
                              Originally posted by EM2
                              Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
                              Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                PoorRichRichard
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 3309

                                Originally posted by akjunkie
                                Somebody else makes a 10 rounder too. Can?t remember who, it?s not marked on my magazine. Looks goofy in the gun, but great to have a few extra rounds as your back up magazine:

                                IMG_1867.jpg

                                IMG_1868.jpg
                                1A - 2A = -1A
                                Originally posted by Wherryj
                                If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
                                ...I'd have $0.10.
                                Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
                                --- Dan Bongino
                                Originally posted by EM2
                                Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
                                Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1