Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 43 questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • highedu
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 134

    Glock 43 questions

    Nevermind, got my answer.
    Last edited by highedu; 07-01-2023, 3:05 PM. Reason: got my answer
  • #2
    TrailerparkTrash
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4249

    Great gun by the way.
    sigpic

    It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

    -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

    Comment

    • #3
      Karch
      Member
      • Apr 2015
      • 331

      Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
      Great gun by the way.

      It?s my least enjoyable shooter I own, personally.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        stormvet
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2010
        • 12681

        Originally posted by Karch
        It?s my least enjoyable shooter I own, personally.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It?s not designed to be a high round count daily training gun and will not be really enjoyable for that. That?s what full size handguns excel at, Glock 17, 45, 47, etc. You can shoot 500 plus rounds with them in a range training session no problem.

        But that said when I do train with my 43, I usually put between 140-200 rounds through it and find it really shootable for its size. I run the exact same drills with it as my big boy handguns, no I?m not as fast or as accurate with it. But my accuracy and times with it are pretty solid.

        I run Trijicon HD sights on mine and shoot pretty darn well with it, very happy with it. Got well over 3000 rounds with it and can?t ever remember having a malfunction. It?s just a very solid little sub-combat handgun.
        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

        Comment

        • #5
          Karch
          Member
          • Apr 2015
          • 331

          TBH, it?s my only Glock and my only subcompact, and I just like the triggers much more with any of my other pistols.

          It?s quite snappy for a 9mm, obviously due to its size and weight, but, again, I guess for me I just don?t like the trigger, but everyone has their preferences.

          I?m planning to try out a P365, as I do like my P320 but it?s not on my ccw as of now.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            naz
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2020
            • 3108

            Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
            Great gun by the way.
            I?m not a fan? prefer p365xl by a wide margin. I think hand size has something to do with it though (and the fact I have much more trigger time with guns with a more standard grip angle)

            Comment

            • #7
              shojivic
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2012
              • 767

              Originally posted by stormvet
              It?s not designed to be a high round count daily training gun and will not be really enjoyable for that. That?s what full size handguns excel at, Glock 17, 45, 47, etc. You can shoot 500 plus rounds with them in a range training session no problem.

              But that said when I do train with my 43, I usually put between 140-200 rounds through it and find it really shootable for its size. I run the exact same drills with it as my big boy handguns, no I?m not as fast or as accurate with it. But my accuracy and times with it are pretty solid.

              I run Trijicon HD sights on mine and shoot pretty darn well with it, very happy with it. Got well over 3000 rounds with it and can?t ever remember having a malfunction. It?s just a very solid little sub-combat handgun.
              Storm, great insight and I am blaming you for spending money on a new purchase I did not know I needed. Ha!

              Comment

              • #8
                shojivic
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2012
                • 767

                The 365XL is a great CCW carry and awesome in accuracy. Absolutely endorse it wholeheartedly. I simply appreciate the aftermarket presence of the Glock platform and simplicity of the manual of arms. The Shield Arms magazines make it a no-brainer, and the unpredictability of the CA gun laws is driving me toward immediate purchase.

                Comment

                • #9
                  stormvet
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 12681

                  Originally posted by shojivic
                  The 365XL is a great CCW carry and awesome in accuracy. Absolutely endorse it wholeheartedly. I simply appreciate the aftermarket presence of the Glock platform and simplicity of the manual of arms. The Shield Arms magazines make it a no-brainer, and the unpredictability of the CA gun laws is driving me toward immediate purchase.
                  I have two of the Shield Arms 9 round mags for my 43, so far they have ran great. About the same length as the stock Glock mag with the pinky extender.
                  Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TrailerparkTrash
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4249

                    Originally posted by naz
                    I?m not a fan? prefer p365xl by a wide margin. I think hand size has something to do with it though (and the fact I have much more trigger time with guns with a more standard grip angle)
                    I like the 43 better. The 365 with more rounds, defeats the purpose of having a lighter weight pants-pocket 9mm. If I wanted more round capacity, I?d just carry my 43x, 26 or 19.

                    STORMVET, my exact sentiments about the 43 as well. You just beat me to a response. I like th 43 so much, I bought two of them. …one as a spare.
                    Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 07-04-2023, 10:44 PM.
                    sigpic

                    It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                    -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      stormvet
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 12681

                      Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
                      I like the 43 better. The 365 with more rounds, defeats the purpose of having a lighter weight pants-pocket 9mm. If I wanted more round capacity, I?d just carry my 43x, 26 or 19.

                      STORMVET, my exact sentiments about the 43 as well. You just beat me to a response. I like th 43 so much, I bought two of them. ?one as a spare.
                      I?m not actively looking for a second 43, but if I ever run across an OD one accidentally, oh yeah I?m buying it.
                      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Regular guy
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 691

                        Love my 43. It's not hard to tame.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TrailerparkTrash
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4249

                          Originally posted by stormvet
                          I?m not actively looking for a second 43, but if I ever run across an OD one accidentally, oh yeah I?m buying it.
                          I just bought a second one in case my first one got lost or stolen from my checked luggage on the airlines, while I travel in and out of state. I won?t be able to buy it again very soon, so I got back-ups.
                          sigpic

                          It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                          -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ar15robert
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2002
                            • 2526

                            Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
                            I like the 43 better. The 365 with more rounds, defeats the purpose of having a lighter weight pants-pocket 9mm. If I wanted more round capacity, I?d just carry my 43x, 26 or 19.

                            STORMVET, my exact sentiments about the 43 as well. You just beat me to a response. I like th 43 so much, I bought two of them. ?one as a spare.
                            I like mine as well for its sub compact size. I didn?t buy it for a target gun I already have a 1911. I didn?t want a thicker or longer grip I wanted concealment and that?s why I like the 43. But to my surprise I?m pretty accurate with it too.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              oddball
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 3329

                              I've had my G43 for 5 years, a bunch of holsters for it, and have no plans on changing out for another primary CCW. I'm used to it, it shoots rather well for a 9mm micro, and I have tried the P365 and the Hellcat, I much prefer the G43. And I live in Texas, meaning I can go out and buy any 9mm micro or CCW for retail or less. One of the few Glocks I've kept recently, see no reason to change. It just works, and it does it well.
                              _______________


                              "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1