Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Browning 1911-22 A1 Red Dot Options?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xxxx
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1706

    Browning 1911-22 A1 Red Dot Options?

    I posted this in the optics section but got absolutely no feedback, so I figured I would try again here:

    have a Browning 1911-22 and the factory sights are terrible (see attached image). I would love to put a red dot on it.

    Since the slide is so narrow, like 0.75", I believe I would need some sort of mount. Are there any suggestions?

    I am also assuming my slide needs to be milled to accommodate a mount.

    Additionally, what is the narrowest red dot out there for a pistol? It's just for range use, so it doesn't have to be super rugged or tactical.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    mausercat
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 504

    I wonder if the added weight of the red dot will impede the functioning of the slide? The 22lr does not produce a lot of recoil. I don't know, the only way to find out is to try it.

    Comment

    • #3
      G-forceJunkie
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2010
      • 6484

      That was my first thought as well. I have one of these guns and the slide is light, a red dot would probably double the weight. I can't see that not effecting function. Also, there is not much material on the top of the slide to mill off for a mount before you get into the extractor and firing pin channels.
      Originally posted by mausercat
      I wonder if the added weight of the red dot will impede the functioning of the slide? The 22lr does not produce a lot of recoil. I don't know, the only way to find out is to try it.

      Comment

      • #4
        xxxx
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 1706

        Ae shucks guys, I think you're probably right. Too bad.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1