Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Staccato P Grip module options

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ap3572001
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2007
    • 6039

    Staccato P Grip module options

    What are the most popular options to make Staccato P grip a bit smaller?
  • #2
    D.A.V.I.D.
    ——
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2015
    • 1876

    Dark side precision

    Comment

    • #3
      LVcleef
      Member
      • Nov 2019
      • 134

      Extremeshooters.com has Gen I grips in different textures and colors.....

      Comment

      • #4
        RugerNo1
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 1644

        Dane

        For the Learned Rifleman

        Comment

        • #5
          Palmaris
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2009
          • 6497

          Originally posted by D.A.V.I.D.
          Dark side precision
          $500 for just grip module made of polymer kind of freaking expensive. I see that mold is pretty complicated, but molded part should not cost $500, regardless. I saw part made way more complicated and about 50 times bigger, made of 2-3 times more expensive material, very small order and still costs $125. If somebody pay for this $500-kudos to them.
          sd_shooter:
          CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

          In real life: No one

          Comment

          • #6
            ap3572001
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2007
            • 6039

            Originally posted by RugerNo1
            The Staccato grip modules are already pretty svelte for a 2011 grip.

            Perhaps a metal grip that’s contoured MIGHT be a bit smaller.

            You can’t get a plastic 2011 grip much smaller without making it weaker/squishy.
            Sure , it feels ok. I guess I got spoiled by my regular 1911's. Wilson , Colt , Les Baer etc. Staccato P is like holding Glock 20 that had grip reduction done. I am not knocking it down or anything, shoots well and 100% reliable with duty ammo. But it does not have great ergonomics. A regular 1911 or Sig P320 with AXG frame feels more natural for me.
            Last edited by ap3572001; 12-24-2022, 1:29 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              LVcleef
              Member
              • Nov 2019
              • 134

              There is nothing wrong with enhancing your shooting experience, especially after the initial investment you've made on the purchase itself. Everyone is built differently and that's why aftermarket support stays in business.

              Darkside Precision is certainly not inexpensive, but he does good work and has factory support. And just like the make, there's no competition at the moment.

              Comment

              • #8
                D.A.V.I.D.
                ——
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2015
                • 1876

                Originally posted by Palmaris
                $500 for just grip module made of polymer kind of freaking expensive. I see that mold is pretty complicated, but molded part should not cost $500, regardless. I saw part made way more complicated and about 50 times bigger, made of 2-3 times more expensive material, very small order and still costs $125. If somebody pay for this $500-kudos to them.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Palmaris
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 6497

                  I am not sure why buy new grip to Staccato P at all. From I understand for set up it is already great grip. For competition-yes, you want custom grip to fit your hand and needs, for anything else-I do not see reason. Change grip with shipping back fro $500 is still seems pretty expensive for me. Again, I do not want to control anybody's budget-you have $500 to waste-good for you.
                  What about warranty? If aftermarket company change grip to your Staccato, will Staccato honor lifetime warranty? I doubt it.
                  sd_shooter:
                  CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                  In real life: No one

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    D.A.V.I.D.
                    ——
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 1876

                    Originally posted by Palmaris
                    I am not sure why buy new grip to Staccato P at all. From I understand for set up it is already great grip. For competition-yes, you want custom grip to fit your hand and needs, for anything else-I do not see reason. Change grip with shipping back fro $500 is still seems pretty expensive for me. Again, I do not want to control anybody's budget-you have $500 to waste-good for you.
                    What about warranty? If aftermarket company change grip to your Staccato, will Staccato honor lifetime warranty? I doubt it.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Palmaris
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 6497

                      I do not see reason to do anything to stock grip. But it is me, some people will do.
                      Oh, I would not deactivate anything on gun which can be possibly used for SD. If I need gun without any safety for target plinking-I have TSO. But again-it is me.
                      sd_shooter:
                      CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                      In real life: No one

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RugerNo1
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 1644

                        The size and shape of the 2011’s magazine will prevent you have having the grip as small as you seem to want it. The squarish shape of the grip is inherent in the design to accommodate the mag size.

                        A steel or aluminum grip will be the closest you get to having a shape closest to a single stack 1911. But you’ll gain a lot of weight in return.

                        I’ve built some 1911s and 2011s from the frame up. I love them both, but I have a much better time shooting the 1911 in USPSA. I find reloading more fun anyway!
                        Last edited by RugerNo1; 12-26-2022, 7:00 AM.
                        Dane

                        For the Learned Rifleman

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Palmaris
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 6497

                          Originally posted by RugerNo1
                          The size and shape of the 2011’s magazine will prevent you have having the grip as small as you seem to want it. The squarish shape of the grip is inherent in the design to accommodate the mag size.

                          A steel or aluminum grip will be the closest you get to having a shape closest to a single stack 1911. But you’ll gain a lot of weight in return.
                          ^^^
                          This summarizes pretty good. 2011 magazines are "huge" to begin with. This drives size of frame.
                          sd_shooter:
                          CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                          In real life: No one

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            L-2
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 1335

                            I'm unfamiliar and will likely never own or even get to touch a Staccato.
                            What is so complicated or why does Staccato specify removing a grip voids the warranty; just curious.
                            (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Palmaris
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 6497

                              Originally posted by L-2
                              I'm unfamiliar and will likely never own or even get to touch a Staccato.
                              What is so complicated or why does Staccato specify removing a grip voids the warranty; just curious.
                              It is grip module, not grips as on 1911. A lot functioning parts located inside that grip module.
                              sd_shooter:
                              CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                              In real life: No one

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1