Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock slide mod...whaddaya think?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BC9696
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 2034

    Glock slide mod...whaddaya think?

    I can see both pros & cons to this Sentinel modification, especially if used as EDC. What do you think? https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/se...lock-26-27-33/
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

    The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
    The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
  • #2
    SarcoBlaster
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 1775

    Originally posted by BC9696
    What do you think?
    I think I wouldn't want to intentionally create avenues where dirt, lint, and/or Cheeto dust could collect on my carry gun.
    My buyer/seller feedback.

    Comment

    • #3
      12pewpew
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2019
      • 1338

      It seems to me that machining all that extra metal away would make the slide weaker and prone to cracking. Do see any upside to it.

      Comment

      • #4
        eviioiive
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1620

        What pros?
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        Your name has been publicly printed in newspapers and on the web, your expectation of privacy is flat gone.
        Originally posted by CALGUNS.NET
        You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.

        Comment

        • #5
          elSquid
          In Memoriam
          • Aug 2007
          • 11844

          Comment

          • #6
            naz
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2020
            • 3108

            I’ve seen offroster mos Glock selling in the marketplace for around $1k and I’d personally rather get that, or mill the OEM gen 3 slide, than a random aftermarket slide

            If you like the look go for it

            Comment

            • #7
              Che762x39
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 4538

              You know with a TiN barrel every handgun looks better. Great suggestion my friend.

              Comment

              • #8
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                After seeing how much and how quickly dust and lint gets into the grip hole of my carry Glocks when I don't have them plugged, I am going to pass on anymore unnecessary openings
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #9
                  Milsurp1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • 3091

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BC9696
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 2034

                    Originally posted by Milsurp1
                    I think the goal of this is show off. To who, I’d guess the Reddit crowd.


                    (I freely admit that this post makes me sound old and cranky)
                    I am old and cranky and the point you make is completely valid. I thought (for a boot gun) reducing the weight could be a plus...as is the ability to cool the barrel quicker but the open door to dirt isn't a small concern. Yeah...looks kinda cool but their Duty Cut caught my eye as well.
                    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

                    The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
                    The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Quiet
                      retired Goon
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 30242

                      Originally posted by SarcoBlaster
                      I think I wouldn't want to intentionally create avenues where dirt, lint, and/or Cheeto dust could collect on my carry gun.
                      Originally posted by SkyHawk
                      After seeing how much and how quickly dust and lint gets into the grip hole of my carry Glocks when I don't have them plugged, I am going to pass on anymore unnecessary openings
                      Last edited by Quiet; 09-27-2022, 5:08 PM.
                      sigpic

                      "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        johncage
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2018
                        • 993

                        those holes make an ugly gun even uglier.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TomReloaded
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 1637

                          IA won't let me carry anything with non factory slide cuts, so that puts that to rest.

                          It's also an expensive *** cut. I had mine done with an optic cut for about $125.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rodralig
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2016
                            • 4262

                            Originally posted by BC9696
                            I am old and cranky and the point you make is completely valid. I thought (for a boot gun) reducing the weight could be a plus...as is the ability to cool the barrel quicker but the open door to dirt isn't a small concern. Yeah...looks kinda cool but their Duty Cut caught my eye as well.
                            https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/duty
                            Reduce the weight? For what? What performance deficiency are you addressing with the weight reduction?

                            Cool the barrel? For what? How many rounds are you planning to shoot in one string?

                            Coolness factor? Yeah, probably… If that is your primary driver. But performance-wise? Ah, hhhmmm…


                            _

                            WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              L-2
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1335

                              Thanks for the MapleLeaf website reference. Looking at the website, I'd consider just getting an optic cut on a "Carry Essentials" package, but that would be my style.


                              I'm really still hoping for Glock to release a G26gen5MOS, even though I've been told Glock has no plans to release it in the U.S.
                              Subcompact GLOCK pistol model G26 Gen5 MOS in 9mm Luger ✓ Safe Action® System ✓ Optic-ready ✓ Check gun specs & features ➨


                              That's ok if Glock doesn't release it here. I'll keep my money and Glock can keep that MOS model in Europe. I mostly carry a G19gen5MOS anyway (I'm in NV).
                              (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1