I have a Springfield GI and would like to try an extended trigger. Are triggers considered a drop in component?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
1911 Replacement Trigger
Collapse
X
-
If it has an overtravel screw it may need adjustment.
Don't run it so far in that the trigger can't be pulled enough to drop the hammer. I suggest you leave just a bit of over travel for reliability.
Again, nothing complicated.Last edited by ojisan; 07-14-2009, 9:48 PM.
Originally posted by Citadelgrad87I don't really care, I just like to argue.Comment
-
Consider having a proper trigger job done by a competent pistolsmith. There is nothing like a trigger that breaks just like you want (like glass or with a bit of a 'roll') at whatever poundage you like. On a 1911, I wouldn't go below 2 pounds, more if it's a carry/SD pistol. If you're in SoCal, PM and I'll turn you on to the master of trigger jobs, accuracy and reliability packages. Everything from a race gun to something for HD. Makes a trigger job from any factory (inlcuding Wilson, Bear, Nighthawk, etc) look sloppy.Comment
-
I like the Caspian Trik Trigger; it dropped right into my SW1911, although it might require slight fitting depending on the gun.Mo' BBs.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,386
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 11620 users online. 71 members and 11549 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment