Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G19 magwell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeffjohns
    Banned
    • Dec 2021
    • 188

    G19 magwell

  • #2
    enorbit3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 2656

    Think the SLR and agency will work. But not 100% sure. Just so happens that those are the pricier options.
    LAPD CCW Timeline:
    Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
    Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
    Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
    DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
    CCW Training - 2/25/23
    Firearms - 3/1/23
    LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
    CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

    Comment

    • #3
      DProm
      Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 347

      Im running the agency arms magwell and yes it is true that the stock oem 10rds did not work until I replaced the baseplate for the standard metal one from Jagerwerks
      FS: Modlite PL350OKW pistol light, 365 IWB Holster
      https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...trigger-x300ua

      Comment

      • #4
        sbo80
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 2265

        I have an Agency on both a Gen4 19, and a Gen3 17, and I've never had magazine problems though I only have a couple Glock brand 10rd mags. My 19 runs fine with standard mags, and I have ETS and Magpul 10rd mags. Some I've replaced the base pad with the Vickers ones and they still fit fine.

        Comment

        • #5
          Vinnie Boombatz
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2020
          • 3036

          I have the Agency Arms magwell on two Gen3 G17’s and have nothing but great things to say about them. They work flawlessly with OEM Glock 10 round magazines with stock baseplates. The Agency Arms magwell also works wonderfully with Vickers base plates which I have placed on all my Glock 10-round mags.
          Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 07-18-2022, 9:20 AM.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            L-2
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2007
            • 1335

            SLR Rifleworks, AR15, AK47, 9mm, Gas Blocks, Hand Guard, AR10, GLOCK, 9mm

            I also bought the SLR Rifle Works brand (i've got 3 for various Glocks) after watching this YT video:


            One of my SLR magwells is on a G23gen3, which is all but identical regarding magwells for the subject G19 (OP didn't mention which gen G19, but SLR makes them for all G19 gens).

            Other brands are likely as good as SLR. I've just not tried those other brands. I cannot recommend Magpul's Glock magwell as it didn't work with all my various magazines.
            (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

            Comment

            • #7
              BrokerB
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 5453

              Why would you use 10 round mags? I don't think I have ever used a 10 round magazine in my g19s. There has been many "legal" per Kalifornia BS ways to obtain standard capacity.
              Beans and Bullets

              Comment

              • #8
                Rover
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 740

                Have Agency, no issues with OEMs, but I've heard of the occasional problem, I don't think all Glock 10rd mags are the same.


                Originally posted by BrokerB
                Why would you use 10 round mags? I don't think I have ever used a 10 round magazine in my g19s. There has been many "legal" per Kalifornia BS ways to obtain standard capacity.
                Even if you have 15 rounders, I'd still be using the 10 round mags at the range, and actually that's precisely what I do. I have P-mags and my 10 rounders to beat on and wear out, 15 and 17 rounders for carry, they only get used occasionally as I can't easily replace them the way I can with the 10rd mags. I still want my magwell to function with all my mags.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BrokerB
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 5453

                  there is nothing illegal about using my 15/17/33+ round magazines at any range. I have been using them for 30+ years. Why should I worry now?

                  Whatever floats your boat, but there is no logic in using 10 rounders at a range vs carrying standard size
                  Beans and Bullets

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RAMCLAP
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 2967

                    I have the Magpul Enhanced Magwell on my G17 and they work fine.
                    Psalm 103
                    Mojave Lever Crew

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mezcalfud
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 1503

                      Suarez has theirs on sale for 39$. It looks like most others and half the price. Overwatch makes the most functional (IMHO) low profile magwell.

                      this may be a bit dated but is what info I had and others gave me.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Vytis
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2020
                        • 99

                        Originally posted by RAMCLAP
                        I have the Magpul Enhanced Magwell on my G17 and they work fine.
                        With the 10rd mags? If so, yours must be somewhat enhanced indeed, since there are many reviews stating otherwise. Please do confirm.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          RAMCLAP
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2012
                          • 2967

                          Originally posted by Vytis
                          With the 10rd mags? If so, yours must be somewhat enhanced indeed, since there are many reviews stating otherwise. Please do confirm.
                          Works perfectly with 10 rd mags. Glock or PMags. I should specify that it is a gen 3.
                          Psalm 103
                          Mojave Lever Crew

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Vytis
                            Junior Member
                            • May 2020
                            • 99

                            Originally posted by RAMCLAP
                            Works perfectly with 10 rd mags. Glock or PMags. I should specify that it is a gen 3.
                            This one? I am ordering it then!




                            What are those people even talking about on then, not working with 10 rounders and stuff. I usually don’t pay attention to individual reviews but there are indeed many claiming this magwell is incompatible with 10 round mags-both oem and magpul’s own.
                            Last edited by Vytis; 07-18-2022, 7:01 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              RAMCLAP
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 2967

                              Originally posted by Vytis
                              I didn't read that when I bought it. I just bought it and it works. The dimensions on the 10 rd mags should be the same as the 17's. Or 15's for the G19. The only thing I can think of would be a different floor plate. But mine works with glock and pmag 10 rounders.
                              Psalm 103
                              Mojave Lever Crew

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1