Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 gen 3 vs 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • baekacaek
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 631

    Glock 19 gen 3 vs 5

    For those who have owned or shot both gen 3 vs gen 5, is gen 5's dual recoil spring worth it? Does it make any noticeable difference?

    Also is it possible to just upgrade gen 3's recoil spring to gen 5?
  • #2
    oddball
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 3329

    I have a gen 3 G19 and gen5 G17 MOS, but I have shot my nephew's gen5 G19.

    The gen 5 recoil spring is not compatible with a gen 3.

    I like the gen 5 G19 better than my gen3 model. No finger grooves, and the trigger, like my G17, feels slightly better than the gen 3, which has a 3.5lb connector. The Marksman barrel rifling is supposed to result in a more accurate setup, but I really don't know by how much, I do shoot the gen 5 a little better.

    I have not replaced my gen 3 19, I actually stopped buying Glocks several years ago and slowly been getting rid of them. My 9mm pistol tastes have switched to the 2011 platform, the only Glocks I intend to keep will be my old 19 (has a threaded barrel for a can) and a G43 for concealed carry.
    _______________


    "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett

    Comment

    • #3
      9Cal_OC
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2019
      • 6703

      There’s a minor difference but negligible.

      The finish will wear faster on the Gen5 than a Gen3/4 though.
      Freedom isn't free...

      sigpic

      iTrader

      Comment

      • #4
        stormvet
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2010
        • 12681

        It’s a 9mm you won’t find a drastic difference, enough to make a difference that will be subject to the individual.

        The one difference I absolutely notice is the trigger, much better out of the box with the 5.
        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

        Comment

        • #5
          SkyHawk
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2012
          • 23531

          Gen 4 also has dual recoil spring
          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

          Comment

          • #6
            rodralig
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2016
            • 4262

            Make a difference in recoil? It’s a 9mm…

            Unless you are trying to be like Jerry Miculek - irrelevant.


            _

            WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

            Comment

            • #7
              BradleyAbrams
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 3350

              Shoudda got a Gen 2. That was where they got the concept of the Perfect one.

              Everything that followed was just pandering to the marketplace.

              .
              The "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" was not created by the 2nd Amendment; it was merely an acknowledgement of an existing, un-Alienable Right

              UN-ALIENABLE - Defined by Webster as: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred .


              Joseph Johnston - 4/14

              -

              Comment

              • #8
                aca72
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3250

                Originally posted by BradleyAbrams
                Shoudda got a Gen 2. That was where they got the concept of the Perfect one.

                Everything that followed was just pandering to the marketplace.

                .
                I concur!
                Long live CALGUNS!

                Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

                Comment

                • #9
                  deckhandmike
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 8325

                  Gen 5 is superior for those with smaller hands or lefties. Everyone else it shouldn’t matter much.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Vinnie Boombatz
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2020
                    • 3036

                    Never shot a Gen5, but given the off-roster cost of the Gen5 vs Gen3, I'd say no, it's not worth it to get the Gen5. If you live in a free state it's probably a different story. I guess if you shoot left-handed it might be worth it getting the Gen5.
                    Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 05-01-2022, 5:43 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hambam105
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 7083

                      I heard the earlier Glock Models were made of porcelain and were undetectable.

                      The things you learn watching NYPD Detective John McKlane.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        baekacaek
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 631

                        Because of the lack of finger grooves? Does it impact that much?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          deckhandmike
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 8325

                          Fatter handle on the G3. G4 and G5 have removable back straps that slim down the grip. Makes a huge difference to my med sized hands.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mossy
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 7430

                            gen 5 is superior to gen 3 in every way except the finish. they are not worth the premium charged here though, if you are not exempted go with the gen 3.
                            best troll thread in calguns history
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                            burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              static2126
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 5619

                              Gen 5 is better for smaller hands and lefties. Trigger is also better out of the box but not earth shattering. My gen 5s are a little more accurate at 25 yards.

                              Eg. My gen 3s usually shoot 84 to 91 on a hat qual (10 rounds in 20 seconds on a b8 @ 25 yards) My gen 5s bump that up a point or two. Passing is 90 or above

                              My splits on a bill drill are a tad faster on a gen 5 0.18 vs .21 ish.

                              In short unless you have small hands not worth the cali premium
                              Last edited by static2126; 05-02-2022, 11:09 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1