Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Two .40s to chose from...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RolinThundr
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 1228

    Two .40s to chose from...

    My father-in-law is eying two .40 cals and is still trying to decide which one to get, so I'm going to throw it out to everyone and get some opinions. We went to the range just yesterday and tried both and he is still stuck on which might be better. The choices are: HK P2000 and SA XD Service.

    Tell me, why you would choose one over the other? Both are great products in my opinion.

    Also, does anyone prefer the HK USP Compact over the HK P2000? If so, why?
    "The Gun is Civilization", Written By Marko Kloos

    "The more corrupt the state, the more laws." -Tacitus, Publius Cornelius

    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
  • #2
    DDRH
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2008
    • 2756

    can't tell you which one i prefer cuz i haven't tried all of them, but i have the P2K and it's a great shooter. feels solid in my hands.

    I still need alotta work to be accurate but fun to shoot. I've seen one at my local store in 9mm *drool* think i may get it.

    Comment

    • #3
      huckberry668
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 1502

      Hands down HK.
      GCC
      NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
      Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

      Comment

      • #4
        MILLITIAof1
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 3601

        The only gun I ever rely on to never ever once have a malfunction is my xd.

        Comment

        • #5
          MiguelS
          Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 486

          I like the cheaper one.
          Sig P220-BSS .45ACP, Sig P226-BSS .40cal(refinished), Sig P6 9mm (refinished)

          Comment

          • #6
            pl408
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 640

            I have them both and you really cant go wrong with either one but I would choose the P2000
            the p2k is the updated version of the usp compact
            read through this
            Guys, I found myself a project for the year. Instead of shooting a lot of different guns this year, I have decided I am going to try to shoot my P2000 until it breaks. Here is the idea... 1. Shoot, at a minimum 5-600 rounds through it per week. 2. Clean according to factory recommendations...

            Comment

            • #7
              Black Majik
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 9695

              HK over XD. Personal preference but I don't like the way XDs swing. Fantastic pistol though. Both are accurate and reliable.

              P2000 > USPc. More rounded, ergonomic, and I like the decocking lever on the rear of the slide. Makes a more streamlined pistol without the lever hanging on the side of the frame. Smoother trigger (but still sucks). Interchangeable leather holsters which is a plus. Only think the USPc has an advantage over is the ability to cocked and locked. EVERYTHING ELSE, imnsho, goes to the P2000.

              Comment

              • #8
                tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
                Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 130

                HK P2000, after trying them all this gun felt the best, and pointed the best, I bought it, but haven't been able to find any ammo for it yet, in fact there isn't much ammo for any caliber where I'm at, but from all the reports from other shooters that have one, they are more than happy with it's performance, you pay more ,but they say you also get a lot more in this quality gun. I'm real picky about what feels good in my hand, the HK P2000 gives you four grip inserts so you can customize your gun to fit the way you want, I also like the decocker, and DA/SA action, the ambi safety, and ambi slide release, I'm left handed, and this gun handles well in both hands, I changed out the grip panel for one that filled my palm just right, I really like this gun, I just need to find some ammo forit in 40 S&W. sorry I couldn't tell you more.

                Regards


                tEN wOLVES
                NRA,SASS#69595,NCOWS#3123,ROWSS#40SCORRS,BROW,Leat her Shop

                " Shoot Straight and Live to Fight another Day"

                Comment

                • #9
                  s2k2sti
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 50

                  Well having shot both I am partial to the P2000. I think the ergonomics are much better which in turn makes it an easier pistol for concealment/carry. Plus I am partial due to the fact that its my service pistol.
                  Superlative ?asual Dating

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ishoot
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 1144

                    I have the P2000 in 9mm with the LEM trigger and the XD in both 9mm and 40 cal. If I had to pick one, I would pick the HK. I love my XDs but that LEM trigger is real nice and consistent and has a better grip since you can adjust it with the back straps. Smoother slide action and ambidextrous controls make it a better pistol overall. IMHO
                    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Vectrexer
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 2473

                      Tried them both. Plus the S&W M&P 40 too.

                      Personal preference is HK V2 LEM Standard size.

                      But given a final choice it's the Steyr.

                      .
                      - Vectrexer
                      ▶▶ Click Here - My HANDGUNS For Sale ◀◀
                      ▶▶ Click Here - My LONG GUNS For Sale ◀◀
                      ▶▶ Click Here - My MAGAZINES , Parts, & Accessories Sales ◀◀
                      ▶▶ Click Here - My AMMO For Sale ◀◀
                      ▶▶ Click Here - My Non-Firearms Sales ◀◀

                      ▶▶ Send Me A Private Message (PM) ◀◀
                      ▶▶ Vectrexer's Calguns.net iTrader Feedback ◀◀

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Legasat
                        Intergalactic Member
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4151

                        I have shot the XD and liked it.

                        HK has a great rep, but I read post after post about how bad their customer service is.

                        Not sure which I would choose. Maybe a S&W M&P.
                        ..

                        .........STGC(SW)


                        SAF Life Member

                        sigpic
                        NRA Benefactor

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          J-cat
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2005
                          • 6626

                          HK wreaks of quality. You don't need to interact with their customer service.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            glockman19
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 10486

                            Absolutely the HK. My prefered .40's are HK's & Sigs.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              FieldsofFire
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1879

                              I have never shot a P2000 but as for the XD-40, it is a fantastic gun and I love mine. Almost 2,000 rounds down the pipe in a couple months and no issues; easy to take apart to clean and put back together. They can be had for pretty cheap and there are good accessories available for them. I had a trigger job done to mine that made it much, much better, IMO. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1