Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got my permit today.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    El Gato
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1613

    Originally posted by Fjold
    M&P 40C in a Don Hume IWB
    It seems I might have seen this rig before... please confirm...I'm curious...
    Greebo, as a matter of feline pride, would attempt to fight or rape absolutely anything, up to and including a four-horse logging wagon. Ferocious dogs would whine and hide under the stairs when Greebo sauntered down the street. Foxes Kept away from the village. Wolves made a detour. Terry Pratchett

    Comment

    • #32
      TitanCi
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 586

      Originally posted by El Gato
      Kern county... articulate a "good cause" and get the permit... Sheriff is getting about 25 applications a day and will approve about all of them....none of us here take it for granted.
      well, I'm almost done with grad school. can set up shop and practice there; can say I have to transport cash to bank and need to carry? how's that as a good cause? 25 apps/day and almost all getting approved??? sounds tempting!

      Comment

      • #33
        ZirconJohn
        Rattlesnake Hunter
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Sep 2007
        • 10380

        Originally posted by Fjold
        Can you see it?

        Of course not, it's concealed.

        I have a question for you there Fjold,

        Did you have to come up with a long story of 'reason to conceal carry a weapon?'

        Or do they allow the two worded short story as we have here in Mendocino, as in 'personal protection'.

        Two questions...

        Serious;
        How is your mind-set now that you carry? What goes through your mind (in public) now that you have a concealed firearm? That's an open question on purpose.

        thanks,

        jd
        .
        "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
        "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
        .
        ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

        Comment

        • #34
          battleship
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 4969

          So does this Cali issued CCW allow you to carry concealed anywhere in california or does it only cover the county in which you reside.

          Could a resident from outside of your county come to Kern county and apply for a CCW or do they have to have residency there for some time, i.e. job house within your county.

          I mean we are all California residents so it should not be the reason of which county you reside in, only the good reason for needing a CCW that should make you eligible. The area you live and work in should not be a deal breaker.

          It seems the Sheriff in your area is a logical man, but im wondering if his hands would be tied by laws that restrict out of towners to applying for a CCW in his county.

          Comment

          • #35
            Sam
            Calguns Addict
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2008
            • 5205

            12 weeks was about the time it took for me to get everything taken care of. Congrats!

            Comment

            • #36
              NiteQwill
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2007
              • 6368

              Originally posted by battleship
              So does this Cali issued CCW allow you to carry concealed anywhere in california or does it only cover the county in which you reside.

              Could a resident from outside of your county come to Kern county and apply for a CCW or do they have to have residency there for some time, i.e. job house within your county.

              I mean we are all California residents so it should not be the reason of which county you reside in, only the good reason for needing a CCW that should make you eligible. The area you live and work in should not be a deal breaker.

              It seems the Sheriff in your area is a logical man, but im wondering if his hands would be tied by laws that restrict out of towners to applying for a CCW in his county.
              You can only apply in the county in which your domicile resides.

              Yes, the permit is good all over the state (unless restricted, rarely) and in a few others states.

              Check out www.calccw.com for more info.

              The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

              Comment

              • #37
                Kid Stanislaus
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 4419

                I'm pretty much stuck in the People's Republic of Stanislaus County and getting a CCW here is like pulling teeth.
                Things usually turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.

                Comment

                • #38
                  BroncoBob
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6019

                  Good job Frank.
                  sigpic
                  NRA MEMBER

                  Originally Posted by ar15barrels
                  Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
                  Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
                  Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

                  Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
                  Michael Reagan

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    paul0660
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 15669

                    Everyone can stay concealed in the bathroom. Now, try getting something from the top shelf in Walmart, getting a friendly hug, kneeling to get the ball that rolled under your car, or going number two without it sounding like you dropped a can of peas on the floor.
                    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      BB63Squid
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3137

                      Congrats, I am envious. Of the CCW that is, well maybe the towels too.
                      Originally posted by Booshanky
                      I've got a pretty resilient cornhole though.
                      Originally posted by Buddhabelly
                      So take your sheeps and go home. You're not worthy.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Mstnpete
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 4039

                        Normally when a picture of a man is taken in a beautiful bathroom with nice hanging towels........there should be a woman in the background! LOL.

                        Congrats on the CCW. I used to have a CCW from WA. State.

                        And I'm a lefty as well!
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Neil McCauley
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 13676

                          Someone should make a "When you see it, you will 5hit bricks" poster. Then put pedobear somewhere in there.
                          A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"
                          Robert Deniro

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            chrisdesoup
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 632

                            Originally posted by paul0660
                            Everyone can stay concealed in the bathroom. Now, try getting something from the top shelf in Walmart, getting a friendly hug, kneeling to get the ball that rolled under your car, or going number two without it sounding like you dropped a can of peas on the floor.
                            I can see it now... public restroom after eating some super spicy thi... drop your pants in a hurry and clunk

                            Congrats on your CCW! I'm sitting on my app till I take the class.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Fjold
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 23067

                              Originally posted by zirconjohn
                              I have a question for you there Fjold,

                              Did you have to come up with a long story of 'reason to conceal carry a weapon?'

                              Or do they allow the two worded short story as we have here in Mendocino, as in 'personal protection'.

                              Two questions...

                              Serious;
                              How is your mind-set now that you carry? What goes through your mind (in public) now that you have a concealed firearm? That's an open question on purpose.

                              thanks,

                              jd
                              I had a Federal carry permit for 5 years over 20 years ago and carried every day. Generally I'm not actively thinking about what I'm carrying. Subconsciously I'm always aware of what's on my strong side, where I sit, how I reach for things, etc.

                              These habits are so ingrained in my every day activities that my wife and kids know where I'm going to sit in a restaraunt when we are shown our table. They automatically go to seats that leave me the one with my back to a wall or oher obstruction and my strong side free.

                              Stuff that is normal to me other people think are odd, like I always carry and handle my money and identification on my off side and use my weak hand for almost all normal public things.
                              Frank

                              One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




                              Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                ZirconJohn
                                Rattlesnake Hunter
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Sep 2007
                                • 10380

                                I am always interested in what people think now that they carry.

                                For me it was a life changing mind-set. Made me very aware of my immediate surrounding, and most importantly my attitude changed for the better!

                                I became more polite, attentive... no more rude hand gestures at other people for cutting in front of me etc. Now my hand gestures are in compliance as to wave people on and truce, you know what I mean.

                                I have helped many people obtain their CCW, and believe it or not... some people are shocked at how easy it is, even here in Mendocino.

                                Currently, I have one woman I am working with; a [newly] singe mother of two... she went to CCW Class two weeks ago, and next week we go to the range and pick out a stye of handgun she will want to carry.

                                These words are very true; An armed society, is a polite society.

                                Thank you for your reply,

                                jd
                                .
                                "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
                                "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
                                .
                                ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1