Buying a used 226 with maybe 7k rounds through it. Im going to replace the recoil spring, but beyond that are there any recommendations on other springs I should switch out? Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
sig 226 springs
Collapse
X
-
sig 226 springs
Sig sells small parts kits for the 226 that are a pretty good value. I get the Mk25 kit because it also has new grip panels (just the basic grips, but nice to have spares). That will get a good set of springs and pins.
If you are in there, think about the short reset kit as well. It will get you a new sear too.Last edited by Ruber; 10-20-2021, 6:46 PM. -
Did you check the wear on the rails before buying? https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/flor...ion-guide.131/"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA memberComment
-
Comment
-
Breech block pin is the only other thing of concern at that point.
If you want to be preemptive swap out your magazine springs and trigger bar spring.
Give it a deep clean, grease the rails, and go to town.Comment
-
i'm pretty strict about replacing the springs as well as lubricating the rails etc. I purchase mine from Grayguns.com. they've been awesome to deal with and periodically have some very nice sale promotions. worth a callComment
-
Guess I shoulda came here before I bought it. After my ten days it'll be the first thing I look at.Did you check the wear on the rails before buying? https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/flor...ion-guide.131/Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,808
Posts: 25,151,838
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22245 users online. 32 members and 22213 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment