Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Holster Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    M. D. Van Norman
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2002
    • 4168

    Matthew D. Van Norman
    Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA

    Comment

    • #17
      Bird of Fire
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 829

      Originally posted by M. D. Van Norman
      At least you’re consistent.

      As I mentioned earlier, the cocked-and-locked 1911 is extremely safe. It’s just not 100-percent safe when compared to a double-action handgun or even to a safe-action pistol.

      Then there is the issue of retention in the holster, but that wasn’t the original question.


      I would agree on the double action handgun (traditional da/sa like a 92fs) almost. One of the stickied threads up above in this forum is the walther ppk & ppk/s recall which was done to prevent the pistol from firing when the decocker is applied with the hammer cocked. The possibility of an AD is still possible in that regard, albeit VERY very slim. I feel the same about the 1911 if the trigger & ignition group wasn't monkeyed with and made unsafe.

      Just MHO.
      To women and gunpowder!
      Live by one, die by the other.
      But I love the smell of both....

      Comment

      • #18
        M. D. Van Norman
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2002
        • 4168

        That sounds so wrong!
        Matthew D. Van Norman
        Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA

        Comment

        • #19
          DirtSailor
          Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 128

          Originally posted by Bird of Fire
          Why this gun? Nobody thinks twice about a revolver, or a glock, or an xd with a round in the chamber ready to go.
          Good point. I have an XD and S&W hammerless and never thought twice about it. I guess because the hammer is "right there" it becomes more obvious.
          Dirt Sailor

          "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of every American... (T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
          -Tenche Coxe, 1788

          Comment

          • #20
            DirtSailor
            Member
            • Jun 2007
            • 128

            Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate the various points of view. My 1911 does have the ambi safety, so I guess that is something I should pay attention to. Especially when talking to whoever I decide to buy the holster from.

            I also appreciate the advice on holster makers. It's always nice to get advice from people who have used them.
            Dirt Sailor

            "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of every American... (T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
            -Tenche Coxe, 1788

            Comment

            • #21
              Gavin Twosome
              Banned
              • Jun 2009
              • 312

              I want a Biancchi model 66 FOR MINE !

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1