Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kimber Magazine Recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cup of Cheese
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jun 2020
    • 316

    Kimber Magazine Recommendations

    I recently purchased a Kimber Raptor in stainless. It only came with one mag. I'd like some nice mags that work appropriately. What should I be shopping for?
    Last edited by Cup of Cheese; 08-29-2021, 12:40 PM.
    Now my mind is filled with rubber tires, and forest fires
    And whether I'm a liar,
    And lots of other situations where I don't know what to do,
    At which time God screams to me "There's nothing left for me to tell you."
  • #2
    simonp
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1989

    Wilson magazines


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "If you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

    Comment

    • #3
      newbutold
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2017
      • 1952

      My Kimber mags work flawlessly, blue and stainless.
      Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Robert J. Hanlon

      No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

      The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21

      Comment

      • #4
        GeeBee49
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2020
        • 1981

        I own a Custom, a Pro and an Ultra that each came with one magazine. I eventually ordered two Wilson Combat magazines for each.

        Comment

        • #5
          M76
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2014
          • 5953

          Wilson, CMC, Tripp
          sigpic
          Originally posted by dunndeal
          Stop digging.
          Originally posted by BrassCase
          I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
          iTrader

          https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

          Comment

          • #6
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            Tripp
            Wilson
            Ed Brown
            CMC
            Kimber tac mags

            All quality 1911 mags that I’ve used for many thousands of rounds over the years, if your gun is running right all will work well for a very long time.
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #7
              'ol shooter
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 4646

              Wilson. I function test mine often and mark the side with a sharpie as to the date. If I have a range failure I insert an empty backwards in the mag so I can give it attention at the bench.I like Wilson because they sell reasonably priced rebuild kits for their mags. Smart.
              sigpic
              Bob B.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

              Comment

              • #8
                tmorse
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 166

                have had good luck with CMC and Mecgar

                Comment

                • #9
                  L-2
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 1335

                  I also have/use the same mag brands as in Post#5.
                  Raptor pistols take their name from a combination of aggressive slide and frame serrations, feathered logo grips and special scaled texturing accents. While this patented design is unique, the features, dependability and accuracy are pure Kimber. These select models of Kimber pistols are designed to meet the strict California compliance requirements featuring high visibility loaded chamber indicators. However, these pistols are available in all 50 states for individuals looking for additional safety attributes to classic 1911 pistol designs

                  I'll assume the OP has the .45ACP Custom (full size) version of the Stainless Raptor II, although it wasn't stated. It's the only stainless "Raptor" version on CA's roster.


                  CMC (Chip McCormick) brand has several .45 full-size 1911 mags on the market, varying in price. The capacities CMC has are 7, 8, or 10 round. I personally bought the stainless black "Power Mag" 8-round versions, but later installed Tripp Research "Super 7 Upgrade Kits" in most of them, which dropped the capacities to 7-rounds.


                  Wilson-Combat also has a few models of full-size .45 mags.
                  Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!


                  I personally bought the "47D" in a white metal color.
                  Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!

                  I also later installed the Tripp Research "Super 7 Upgrade Kits" into the 47D mags as I prefer the Tripp followers & springs dropping the round capacities to 7 rounds.

                  Later, I bought Tripp-Research complete mags which also come in 7, 8, or 10 rounds.


                  I bought the 8-round Tripp "Cobra Mags".


                  Overall, I've got ~20 mags always loaded and ready to go. I like to arrive at a range session with 100 rounds already loaded into the mags, which equates to 14 mags right there (12x7 + 2x8 = 100) mags x rounds. I'll also carry an 8-round in one of my full-size .45 1911 guns along with an 8-round on my belt as a spare.

                  I'm not particular about which mags I'm using for carry and even have a couple of unmarked Checkmate-brand mags which came with one of my 1911 guns. For one of the 7-rounders, I'm even still using an old Kimber 7-round mag body, but again, with a Tripp-Research upgrade kit in it (probably my oldest mag).
                  (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hermosabeach
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 19836

                    OP

                    Great question as their are a ton of junk 1911 mags out there


                    It's strange times in the industry. In normal times, CDNN buys a lot of close outs and over runs.

                    I have found a lot of quality magazines relatively cheap here over the years


                    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mtenenhaus
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 3416

                      i recently picked up a bunch of different magazines for a 1911 that i was having some challenges with feeding.

                      The Sig 1911 magazines...which are on sale at MidwayUSA for $21.23 run great.....and MidwayUSA has a free shipping for $49 promotion going on today.

                      I also really like Tripp magazines but they're much more expensive

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Verdha603
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2019
                        • 882

                        Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick are essentially the standard for most reliable 1911 magazines on the market, albeit it does come at a price (usually see them for 37-45 bucks a magazine new).

                        Sig actually makes surprisingly good magazines for an attractive price point as well (usually 25-30 bucks new, which is surprising considering their P-series pistol mags are priced the same as Wilson/Chip mags in comparison).

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BBot12
                          Member
                          • Oct 2016
                          • 365

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            DougJ
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 1812

                            I have 8 or 10 Kim-Pro Tac Mags that I got on sale and they've been flawless.
                            01001001 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01001110 01001111 00100000 01001100 01001111 01001110 01000111 01000101 01010010 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101100 01111001

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              'ol shooter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4646

                              I believe Wilson bought McCormick (CMC) awhile back.
                              sigpic
                              Bob B.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1