Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

P229 Nitron CA Compliant - Which model number?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CornStrategy
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2015
    • 193

    P229 Nitron CA Compliant - Which model number?

    I own a Sig P229 with an LCI, what Sig calls the Nitron Compact CA Compliant (229R-9-BSS-CA). I'm trying to choose a holster for it using Safariland's Holster Finder, which lists 13 different P229 models. None of these match Sig Sauer's model number.

    Does anyone know which holsters will fit my Sig?

    My guess is a holster for the P229R E2. But it's a guess.
  • #2
    rareair
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 1898

    E2 = Enhanced Ergonomics. Design allows smaller hands to easily grip a much slimmer design frame.

    Does your P229 have a single 1pc wrap around grip? If so, you have an E2.

    Does your P229 have a normal 2pc grip set (L & R)? If so, you do NOT have an E2.
    MagPul MPLA
    POF-USA P415-18-11T-223
    TROY M7A1
    & a bunch of SIG pistols and rifles

    **WTB P227 TacOps**

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      Almost any P229 holster will work. Just choose 'P229' if you dont have a rail or P229R if you have a rail.

      Their holster finder is dumb. Unless you have lights/optics or need a thumb break I would not get too hung up. If you are going for some super tactical plastic model then maybe you need to research it in depth.

      And E2 grip should also make zero difference in a holster compared to a standard grip. The frames are the same. I have converted several Sigs back and forth from/to E2
      Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-08-2021, 8:28 PM.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        CornStrategy
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2015
        • 193

        Thanks. Ok, so I have the E2 grips (no grip screws). And I've got a rail (it didn't occur to me that "R" stood for rail). P229R E2 it is, then. Unless it's Safariland's P229R E2 DASA, which seems redundant.

        Yes, I'm getting a plastic ALS holster. I already have a simple Falco leather holster. But it's getting a bit loose.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1